24mm - Maxvision or Starguider?

Jase_v2

The 24mm Maxvision has been shipped and should be here this week sometime , but given the shocking weather here, the EP wont be used for a while ! :mad:

Let me know how the delivery goes.

I ordered mine on Friday afternoon - 18th Oct (with an ETA of Thursday 24th)

The despatch note was raised - Monday 21st

According to the UPS tracker, it hasn't even left the warehouse yet - Tuesday 22nd

Quote " A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date will be updated."

So 3-days to leave the warehouse,

I was expecting some kind of urgency for my 10-euro postage costs.

Roll on the weekend.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me know how the delivery goes.

I ordered mine on Friday afternoon - 18th Oct (with an ETA of Thursday 24th)

The despatch note was raised - Monday 21st

According to the UPS tracker, it hasn't even left the warehouse yet - Tuesday 22nd

Quote " A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date will be updated."

So 3-days to leave the warehouse,

I was expecting some kind of urgency for my 10-euro postage costs.

Roll on the weekend.

snap ! no change today either - same status ! It is poor service. To be fair I only ordered late on Saturday and got the same email yesterday. I'll be back at work before it arrives !

After 2 failed attempts at buying from ES Eu.....

They finally got one right.

It was just one small EP but it actually arrived and in 3 days.

Don't think I'd risk buying a scope from them though.

My order has been in Limbo for 3-working days.

Ordered 1pm Friday.

And still not picked up or scanned in by the Courier on Tuesday evening.

It needs to be here by Thursday latest.

Otherwise it could get very embarrassing when MrsR asks why UPS are at the door with £130 worth of optics.

UPS tracker shows my EP is in the country at least  - Barking to be exact. Might get lucky tomorrow!

Mine must have been on the same cross channel ferry to Harwich.

Barking yesterday afternoon / Tamworth by early evening / overnight to Gateshead / Delivered 11:30 today.

All is well that ends well.

Yes - mine arrived today at 11.30 ! was also surprised at the size - I thought my Starguiders were big compared to the plossl's , but the 24mm is huge . Skies clearing nicely so might even get to give it a try !

Would attach an image of em both if I knew how !

Some of the folks on the Cloudynights forum have taken to removing the bodywork from the Meade SWA / UWA's and their clones which results in much slimmer, lighter eyepieces, albeit rather spartan looking ones !

Apparently it's useful if you want to use them in bino viewers, amongst other things.

This is a naked 24mm SWA:

post-118-0-34258000-1382896301_thumb.jpg

Archived