Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lagest ever explosion on JUPITER

trazor

Thinking the same, the comet that hit 9 years ago.

Somewhat old news, an amateur saw a more recent one a few years back when he imaged Jupiter.

Largest explosion we have witnessed on Jupiter but we have really only been able to witness stuff over the last 50 years in realistic terms.

Yahoo News seems to pop up old news items sometimes... maybe because they have been clicked on by others who mistake them for current news and pushed up the list, so to speak.

Same happens on the BBC. You get these ancient 'most viewed' items popping up.

9 years ago? Try 20! 1994 seems like yesterday. I feel old now.

Ouch!  Me too!

I can remember being excited about this event while doing my A Levels.  Nearly 20 years.  Where did the time go???

I think their prominence on the website is automatically dictated by the number of views.... but even an old story will attract views just by the headline and people initially believing it to be a recent news story.

It then gets more popular as more people are startled by the headline.... hence it rises higher and higher in the listings.

I don't think Yahoo actually employ any / many real journalists and it is done with software.

I think their prominence on the website is automatically dictated by the number of views.... but even an old story will attract views just by the headline and people initially believing it to be a recent news story.

It then gets more popular as more people are startled by the headline.... hence it rises higher and higher in the listings.

I don't think Yahoo actually employ any / many real journalists and it is done with software.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Its a bit like here on SGL. People read the site and post comments (even on threads that are yrs old) and that thread rises to the top.

Archived