Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A quick Horse Head in Ha

MikeD

From boxing day but at Night. :rolleyes:

6 @ 10 min's through my 80Ed and 0.5 focual reducer spaced to give around 0.84 reduction.

not a good night for imaging lots of haze, and cloud stoped play after an hour so this is a noisy image.

I plan at least 4 hours for the ha but will not be using this data for that ( I will wait for a good clear night)

so thought I might as well post this data as is.

Mike

post-13376-133877335184_thumb.jpg

I wish my long attempts at the Horse were anywhere near as good as you quickie.

Regards

Kevin

I have to confess I could not , then the wife appeared and I asked if she could see a face in the image, and without hesitation she outlined it, and now I can.

Lovely shot Mike - bit more time to smooth out the noisy stuff.

Where are your halos? Have you managed to do away with them? I would have expected alnitak, (or altinak or whatever, the big bright one) to at least have one

Anthony

Thanks for the kind comments guys. :rolleyes:

Ant, the halos are still there you can see them on the smaller stars, there is about 8 halos around Alnitak they are just swamped by the brightness of it plus I used the Heal tool in PS to blend them together a bit, you can still see the last few showing through.

Mike.

Archived