SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi From Darkest Northumbria

Jonny99

Hi all :) 

I'm Jonathan and i am currently living in Northumbria , North East UK

Have been interested in Astronomy for most of my life but wasn't till last year that i got a Power seeker 60 for Christmas from the in-laws and really started to enjoy what was on my doorstep :D 

Also an amateur at astrophotography and took a few ok pics with a fuji finepix SLR but have now got a Canon 1100d and seem to forgot how to take the photos properly so any advice on that would be brilliant :D .

Looking forward to getting to know you all and looking forward to clear skies :) 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome - I am located in Morpeth.

Plenty of good stuff is visible from our back garden away form the street lights.

We will be planning some short trips out into the country side once the weather clears up.

The forum has lots of good advice for newbies like me.

Welcome to SGL Jonathan - There's a few of us imagers about. If you've not already done so, can I recommend the book 'Making Every Photon Count' available from the book section of the FLO site. It really is an imagers bible and will help you in so many ways. It will explain what works and why.

THE most important thing of all in AP is the mount (sounds odd I know), but get that right from the start and you can go places with AP.

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Thanks for all the welcome messages :D

Was gonna go out last night but alas it was tipping it down 

maybe tonite ;)

You missed a treat Jonny,

I was watching the Frost Nixon film last night, it finished at 1am.

The patchy dark clouds had cleared away to reveal a light haze of thin veil of low cloud, illuminated by the full moon.

I had a good 30-minutes on Jupiter, and about 10-minutes on the full moon.

I was trying out the new scope - SkyWatcher 200P dob

Magnification was restricted to 150x for a pin sharp image of jupiter and it's moons.

The brightness of the moon shone through, and was visible at 250x and 333x mag using the barlow

(although not 100% pin sharp at those higher mags)

Set the alarm for 1am-2am tonight and see what happens.

Archived