Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help needed from Heritage 130p owners

The OTA is well wrapped during transit so we will see how well it holds collimation, took a 40 mile trip from collection point to home so we will see when it stops raining.

Luke my helmet box is a double one so very large inside however even after flat packing the dob base the triangle section is still about 1" too big.

I need to transport my scope to a dark site because I live in a residential area with very bright bulkhead type lights lighting up the communal areas, they are on what looks like a solar sensor, anyone know how to bypass one to turn them off say after 1pm? I will take a pic of the sensor and lights when it stops raining.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was talking about a Lithium battery with a LED on a magnet, often referred to as "throwie", as you can throw and stick them all over the place. The light would trigger the sensor.

If the sensor is sensitive to red light, it would be wise to use a red LED to avoid adding another source of light pollution.

Of course, if the sensor reacts to IR, that would be another solution.

• 1 year later...

Bit of a bump - thinking about getting a Heritage 130P to add to my collection, and was wondering if anyone knows if the latest revision's upright can still be unscrewed from the base (after unscrewing the bottom-most base)?

I know they've altered the design very slightly from the original release version (adding a small light shield/baffle etc.) so wondered if anyone has ordered one in the last few months (from FLO specifically since that's where I'll likely purchase, so their stock may be different to another seller's) and can confirm that the base can still (theoretically at least) be flat-packed.

Thanks!

Thanks - Martin at FLO wasn't sure when I asked the question. I can always return or hack it somehow. It's not particularly a deal-breaker anyway! It would only be for airline travel which is something I do infrequently...

Archived