Low power eyepiece?

I have recently bought a 19mm Panoptic and am really pleased with it.I feel that there is a gap in my collection of eyepieces in the lower power range.I am interested in soimething in the reguion of 28mm to 32mm.Ideally an 1 1/4 barrel would be great,but there does not seem to be anything other tyhat 2 inch barrels with wide fied (68 degree).Any suggestions would be welcome.

Martin.

The widest eyepiece that I have ever owned in a 1.25" barrel was a KK Widescan III which gave a whopping 84 degrees even at the 20mm focal length. This was in the days when none of my scopes would take 2" eyepieces plus I did not have the budget for one so I did lots of research and hunting to find the widest that the smaller fitting would accommodate.

The Widescan was a good eyepiece in the F/10 scopes I owned back then but showed a lot of astigmatism when the focal ratio dropped to F/6.5.

They are out of production now but I did see one on UK Astro Buy & Sell under different branding not so long ago which might not have sold as folks just don't seem to know about them. 

If your scope is faster than F/7 though I'd not really recommend them.

If you like the 19mm, why not add a 27mm Panoptic? Not 1.25" but still a very nice eyepiece.

I use an ES 28mm 68° and am very happy with it.

A 19mm and 27mm Panoptic would be quite complementary. In the 1.25" range though, as said, a televue 32mm plossl.

Archived