SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Great news

allcart

I've been watching Tom(SoIN) on NSN all day broadcasting solar images just like I plan to do. After picking his brains (a lot) it seems I have everything I need already. With the addition of wecam max and virtualdub i can now broadcast without spending more money. I hope to be online soon.

life is good.

Brilliant...really happy your all set to go for it.. best of luck with your first broadcast. .

Great when you get guided along with a more experienced astronomer to get you over the wee hurdles you hit...Davy

Virtualdub will let me do some minor processing on the fly. Things like sharpening the output or inverting the image to show different solar details. Webcam max lets me broadcast with NSN, and I can do all this live. Tom was running two solar scopes. One with a Skyris 618 (Celestron version of the DMK21 618) and a Mallincam which is also USB, so my worries about how to use USB cams were solved easily.

Almost forgot to mention. It seems that I will be able to capture avi's for stacking during the broadcast with any disruption. So i can image and broadcast at the same time. Cool.

when ever I wanted to record avi's to stack I had to un-install it or I could not record using IC capture or Firecapture it just took over.

Got fed up of it in the end.

Steve

Hi Steve,

I had a similar problem with ManyCam. Manycam took over all aspects of my computer, not just my cameras.

Every web page I opened activated manycam and my Laptop built-in camera  :grin: 

Then I tried SplitCam and it was so bad it threw my whole computer into Pop-up and Ad Overdrive !!! Advertisements dominated every website and pop-ups kept covering the pages!

It took me two hours to uninstall it all.

So I purchased a permanent licence for WebcamMax and have had no problems at all. It was only $29 

Maybe thats the secret to success Ken. Buy the licence to remove all the adverts. I hate it when software people do this. it would be nice to just have a simple webcam app without all the effects and garbage that comes with it.

Archived