Christmas present suggestions

Pig

I have been sitting here racking my brains and all I can think is how sorry I am for you.  Christmas is going to cost you a fortune, let me explain. you have just spent a fortune on astrogear and does your wife complain? No. She says have £500 more. A wife like that has got to be a worth a Christmas present of at least a grand  leaving you £500 down at least.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How am I fickle?

No question about it, an Ethos :)

Yep, that too...80ED will be ideal.

First post...."No question Ethos" immediately followed by "80ED would be ideal"........you tell me if that's fickle :)

Sorry, I didn't mean any offence by it

A 6" newt and AZ-4 would be an ideal combo. You can try my AZ-4 if you're ever around up north if you'd like :).

The 10" dob is also a good idea, slightly more aperture and wider views, and it's not like you have cheap eyepieces so you won't have to replace them ;).

A refractor would be nice, but in this instance I think a newt would be better suited.

You could get a Feathertouch focuser if you wanted, but I feel a new scope takes priority.

I have been sitting here racking my brains and all I can think is how sorry I am for you.  Christmas is going to cost you a fortune, let me explain. you have just spent a fortune on astrogear and does your wife complain? No. She says have £500 more. A wife like that has got to be a worth a Christmas present of at least a grand  leaving you £500 down at least.

She is lovely to me but I always spend more on her than I do on astrogear. :smiley: and Christmas is always expensive for me :smiley:

Must be getting difficult to think what to buy next Shaun?

I think a new OTA is your best bet, you clearly have all the EPs you'll ever need ;). As I've said before, don't get a smaller scope than the one you have currently because you've got no problems with carting your current SCT, it would just sit unused for most of the time.

A 6" newt and AZ-4 would be an ideal combo. You can try my AZ-4 if you're ever around up north if you'd like :).

The 10" dob is also a good idea, slightly more aperture and wider views, and it's not like you have cheap eyepieces so you won't have to replace them ;).

A refractor would be nice, but in this instance I think a newt would be better suited.

You could get a Feathertouch focuser if you wanted, but I feel a new scope takes priority.

My very first scope was a Newt (SW 1145p) everything was just so small in it even the stars were tiny so I am not sure. :smiley:

I might go down the route of solar, but im sure its an expensive route :grin:

My very first scope was a Newt (SW 1145p) everything was just so small in it even the stars were tiny so I am not sure. :smiley:

I mat go down the route of solar, but im sure its an expensive route :grin:

Not the 114P, the 150P. I don't find 6" too small, mind you I don't really find 66mm too small, but that's just me :D.

Must be getting difficult to think what to buy next Shaun?

I think a new OTA is your best bet, you clearly have all the EPs you'll ever need ;). As I've said before, don't get a smaller scope than the one you have currently because you've got no problems with carting your current SCT, it would just sit unused for most of the time.

I totally agree Jonathon, the scope is pretty portable and would a second smaller scope get much use :smiley:

I totally agree Jonathon, the scope is pretty portable and would a second scope get much use :smiley:

That's precisely why I suggested a 10" dob, similar aperture yet a much wider TFOV. You could always go up in aperture, but not for £500 of course ;).

That's precisely why I suggested a 10" dob, similar aperture yet a much wider TFOV. You could always go up in aperture, but not for £500 of course ;).

I will have to consider this very sensible idea :laugh:

She is lovely to me but I always spend more on her than I do on astrogear. :smiley: and Christmas is always expensive for me :smiley:

yes but you don't tell her the real cost of your astro gear, everything is half price, isn't it

Archived