2"-1.25" thread adaptor?

I've just bought TS's variable colour filter, which is in fact two filters that when rotated relative to each other give different colours. The only thing is, when this system is screwed onto the 1.25" thread on the eyepiece, I will have to remove the eyepiece to turn the filter and then re-insert. I was thinking, to overcome this, I could screw one filter onto the eyepiece, and the other onto the 2" extension tube, with a 1.25" filter thread step-down ring. Does such a thing exist and if so where do I get it?

It seems many people use a polarizing filter for the moon to darken it a bit - how do you turn the filter?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andrew

Take the lens out of a barlow, and screw one of the filters into it. then put it into the adapter, and screw the other filter into the ep. You may have to remove the extension tube to get the right length, but that should work. You can firmly clamp the barlow tube in place, and turn the ep.

I must admit, I've never heard of such a filter. Do you have a link to it?

Archived