Narrowband

M45 and the windy night!

Daniel-K

so last night it was a battle well not for me but for my friend who was imaging next to my obs trying to take shelter as his 200PDS was like a sail, but we stuck it out and the wind calmed down for a few hours. Here is my first image with the new to me 80mm Equinox.

Scope: SW 80mm Equinox with TV 0.8 Reducer- F5

Mount: SW NEQ6 Pro- unguided

Camera: Modded 450D with 2" SW LP filter

SUBS: ALL ISO 800    

48 x 150 secs with matching darks + flats

15 x 180 secs with matching darks + flats

10 x 30   secs with matching darks + flats

50 BIAS

Total time 3HRS-Captured in BYE stacked in DSS processed in CS6

could not really stretch it much further as the noise was getting a bit too much so i hope to add some longer subs next time round as the SNR is a bit weak but im happy with the scope and reducer combo, the FWHM was at 2.2 best i have ever had :D

thanks for looking

Dan

post-6284-0-96499100-1381420233_thumb.pn

That's a beauty!  Tons of nebula visible in that snap.  Seeing was surprisingly well for such wind wasn't it?!  I was blown away by the Double Cluster.

yes it was glorious so nice we got the old 9" out. this was its first outing since we sprayed the tube oh boy was it cold aswel!! we got some great views through this which surprised us :D at least we had something to do while the scopes were clicking away

post-6284-0-30849000-1381421708_thumb.jp

Its looking good for your first run!

Perhaps you could have pushed the boat out a bit more and went for 5 min subs, that way you would have caught a bit more of the nebulosity without bloating your stars too much. The corners are acceptable, but difficult to judge accurately becuase of the windy weather last night. Probably needs testing in calmer weather, but youve got a more useable field out of the TV reducer than I ever did!

It was a good night, so clear in fact that the crescent moon had earthshine. Im not normally a fan of the Moon, but it did look rather pretty!

Its looking good for your first run!

Perhaps you could have pushed the boat out a bit more and went for 5 min subs, that way you would have caught a bit more of the nebulosity without bloating your stars too much. The corners are acceptable, but difficult to judge accurately becuase of the windy weather last night. Probably needs testing in calmer weather, but youve got a more useable field out of the TV reducer than I ever did!

It was a good night, so clear in fact that the crescent moon had earthshine. Im not normally a fan of the Moon, but it did look rather pretty!

we also had a quick ganders at the moon as well it was lovely. i like the FOV it gives and to be honest i can live with the corners there not that bad, i will do some close ups in while, i reckon a moonlite will sort it out :p

Nice shot Dan as uranium said would be great to see 5 minute subs to capture even more nebulosity

Thanks andy.Yes definitely needs 5 minute subs. Might redo the flats they worked ok but after a few stretches there was some gradients.

had to have a go at reprocessing i was not happy with the image this time round i pre pro in neb3 using DDP. i defiantly need to redo my flats as this is letting me down on the image this is the best so far i think. please let me know what you think

Dan

post-6284-0-98723400-1381614459_thumb.pn

thanks Andy redone this this has no saturation increase at all to avoid any noise in the blue channel.the data is there but i can stretch it enough without increasing the noise so this is my final process on this and im happy with but im eager to add more data :D  just dont what to do about the halos on the brighter stars

post-6284-0-22563100-1381666914_thumb.pn

For me this is the best of the three.It is a tricky one increasing the exposure to get more nebulosity will cause the halos around the stars maybe two different sets of exposures one short for the stars and one set longer for the nebulosity similar to processing M42.maybe someone with  better knowledge on processing can help

Archived