Narrowband

Early morning flight.....

Stu

Got up at 4am for an early flight from Heathrow, and was feeling rather grumpy. I stepped out of the house at 5 to be greeted by a lovely clear sky; Jupiter shining brightly, surprisingly high, and all the other joys of Orion, the Pleiades and Taurus. Cheered me up a little at least :-).

Now for some skies like that this weekend....... Fingers crossed.

Stu

The clear skies are a stunning thing to see.

I'm only a newbie as I bought my first scope on Saturday gone,

The only clear sky I have seen since I bought the scope was on Saturday night when I had no idea how to set it up.

Thanks all, nice to know others were out enjoying it too.

I've not really done much morning observing but I guess the skies are potentially much more stable at that time as everything has cooled down.

Cloudy and drizzly in Germany :-(. Back tonight though.

Stu

Just landed back at Heathrow. A bit of light cloud around, but we came in via my favourite route over London. Ignoring any issues of LP, I still find myself gazing like a small child at the view at night, it is stunning.

Turned onto the approach out over the Dome, then followed the Thames in, saw Canary Wharf, the Shard, St Paul's, the Eye, Piccadilly Circus and much more. Really nice.

Now for the joy of Heathrow and a hopefully quick drive home.

Cheers,

Stu

Archived