Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_android_vs_ios_winners.thumb.jpg.803608cf7eedd5cfb31eedc3e3f357e9.jpg

Bart

What!! You're kidding me!

Been cloudy for about 5 weeks now. Slight crack last night which clouded over just as I excitedly got the scope out. Tonight forecast 100% cloud. Just going to bed, glanced out and it's pitch black without a cloud to be seen. Too late for the scope! Bl***y hell.

Astro buzz at lowest in my almost 3 year astronomical career.

Forecast good for tomorrow, yeah, right!

Barry

I know the feeling.... it only takes 1 good session to get that astro mojo back though :)

Gear all organised for PSP this weekend so no chance to get it out anyhow so I just grabbed the bins & took the dog for a walk up the canal to my local reservoir. Three cheers for binoculars!!!

• Like 1

Got up a little while ago and it was still clear. Typical. Got the binocs out for a few mins. Hopefully tonight is clear. It is forecast, but then again, last night was forecast 100% cloudy. Fingers crossed!!

Barry

its all part and parcel im afraid, but as Lorne said above one good spell and yesterday is water under the bridge :smiley:

It's been very poor here for last six weeks or so, too.  I think I've only been out a couple of times in that period.  Fortunately I have plenty to occupy me at the moment, otherwise I'd be crawling the walls.

James

I managed to get out for the first time in months last night, and it's true what everyone's saying. It only takes one session to put the fire back into the hobby. I had a look at a few double stars last night (Almach looked beautiful) and I'm chomping at the bit to get out again tonight, if the clouds play ball.

That is the reason many of us have grab and go refractors standing by, so we can just pop out for a quick 20 mins when there is an unexpected dark sky!

It happened to me last night, looked out of the window and it looked

clear, so out with the frac, got set up, the Moon looked really good,

five minutes later I was putting everything away, total blackout, but

that five minutes was well worth the effort, might get lucky tonight

fingers crossed.

Been cloudy in Cumbria for weeks ! Clear last night but blowing a gale  - hoping for better things tonight - scope outsoide cooling !

I have my bins for grab and go, they are the perfect short term alternative to a scope :smiley: