SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

What!! You're kidding me!

Bart

Been cloudy for about 5 weeks now. Slight crack last night which clouded over just as I excitedly got the scope out. Tonight forecast 100% cloud. Just going to bed, glanced out and it's pitch black without a cloud to be seen. Too late for the scope! Bl***y hell.

Astro buzz at lowest in my almost 3 year astronomical career.

Forecast good for tomorrow, yeah, right!

Barry

Got up a little while ago and it was still clear. Typical. Got the binocs out for a few mins. Hopefully tonight is clear. It is forecast, but then again, last night was forecast 100% cloudy. Fingers crossed!!

Barry

It's been very poor here for last six weeks or so, too.  I think I've only been out a couple of times in that period.  Fortunately I have plenty to occupy me at the moment, otherwise I'd be crawling the walls.

James

I managed to get out for the first time in months last night, and it's true what everyone's saying. It only takes one session to put the fire back into the hobby. I had a look at a few double stars last night (Almach looked beautiful) and I'm chomping at the bit to get out again tonight, if the clouds play ball.

It happened to me last night, looked out of the window and it looked

clear, so out with the frac, got set up, the Moon looked really good,

five minutes later I was putting everything away, total blackout, but

that five minutes was well worth the effort, might get lucky tonight

fingers crossed.

Archived