sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

I am trying to use my Skywatcher Equinox 80 APO PRO Fluorite Refractor with a starndard camera adaptor on a canon 350D with the focus tube put all the way up the object was still abit blurred so i went and borrowed a william optics 2" focus extender tube but that just made it alot worse.Ihave added some pictures of what i am using i am just thinking if a prime focus camera adaptor would do the trick.With the camera adaptors in the picture mine is the bottom one.

Thanks

Rob

post-12740-133877335124_thumb.jpg

post-12740-133877335127_thumb.jpg

post-12740-133877335129_thumb.jpg

Hi. Rob. With your camera T Mount attached to the camera, and either your 1.25 or 2" push fit adapter screwed into your T mount, and no other adaptors in the system, are you able to get a prime focus image? I would think you should be able to achieve that OK.

My DSLR which is an Olympus has about a 50mm distance to the sensor when the T Mount is attached. If I were to put my diagonal, or any other adaptor in the system, I would not be able to rack in far enough to get a focus, and I think perhaps you are having the same problem.

Leave everything off, except the Tmount, and the focus adaptor and try that. You should be able to reach focus well before you rack the focuser right in.

Ron.

Sorry Rob. What does the Tmount for the Canon look like? is it a bayonet type fit with a 42mm thread to attach other adaptors to?

This is what my prime focus setup on the camera looks like.

2878_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Hi again Rob. This image shows the complete assembly I bought from Teleskop Service in Germany. I t was not really cheap at 97 Euros.

It can accomodate Prime focus photography, which is the part on the right of the image. This part is what is screwed into the camera in the first picture I posted. When the whole assembly is attached to itself, an eyepiece is located in the left section which allows eyepiece projection images.

The Part No. = TSVPA2 Del. Of course make sure you would need this before you commit yourself, as I said, It is not what I would call cheap. Anyhow, you may be able to sort it another way. As you can see Rob. It is for a 2" focuser too.

Ron.

2881_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)