SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Facebook group

Rustmonkey

I noticed that there isn't a Facebook group aimed at home observatories, so I have created one if any would like to join.

It'll be a place to show off your observatories, discuss future builds, show us your build in progress, ask for advice.

Feel free to join BACKYARD ASTRO-SHEDS

Regards

Craig

Perish the thought........might get flamed for that too :)

You'd think I'd murdered someone....not offered an invite to anybody who may be interested :)

Very sorry if my post caused offence - it wasn't meant to.

Seems to be a bit of interest looking at the membership already.

No offence Taken Gina, just a bit surprised by some of the negativity. Still, horses for courses ;)

I use several Facebook groups and find they compliment the main Astro sites very nicely.

Facebook is actually quite useful for small closed groups. I belong to a local observing group we are trying to get established and it works well for that. At least you can keep the membership controlled and avoid the nonsense that goes on in the wider Facebook world which I do avoid like the plague!

Stu

Join request sent - i like FB as I like the instant updates when im on the move, whereas it takes a little more time to navigate on our wonderful SGL on a mobile :-)

Have you tried Tapatalk? Not perfect but much easier to use on a mobile. I rarely use SGL on a PC, and only use the mobile site to access the classifieds or see a members signature, things Tapatalk can't do. Worth a look

Stu

I use face book , it wouldn't be taking people of SGL site because , on facebook you would have to trawl down the pages to keep up with whats going on sometimes, whereas SGL site , is all laid out properly, I might join a astro site on facebook but it wont compare to here.  its just laid out so easy on here, easy to see new topics, I use facebook for friends and family and other stuff, but use SGL for astro and sometimes other stuff

I use fb as much if not more than sgl. I've made some very good friends there and on the astro groups I'm involved with on fb there is almost never any animosity. I guess that's an advantage of smaller groups.

Hmm, just tried to edit my post but it wouldn't let me so this is what I said.

after re-reading my post it seems to come across that I prefer fb to sgl. this is not the case and I doubt that my astronomy would have gotten past a few mths without the help I received here.

Have you tried Tapatalk? Not perfect but much easier to use on a mobile. I rarely use SGL on a PC, and only use the mobile site to access the classifieds or see a members signature, things Tapatalk can't do. Worth a look

Stu

I do use tapatalk again now mate and agree its good especially now they have updated it and lost the glitch where I could only see threads I had contributed to!

Archived