SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cheap starter camera find!

Carl Reade

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You all realize there is a review to be posted and this has caused a months cloud cover :grin:  God knows what the seller is thinking.....

Hope they are good Carl

I think we best keep our heads down coz the rest of the forum will be gunning for us.

Johnno Sammy has same specs 1/60 and 1/50 secs looking at the manual.

Marcus Davy posted a thread ref USB 4 way grabber and it wasnt good. Im now in the 3 camera 1 laptop situation :eek:

Carl

My bad was looking at the ntsc side of it

Well - I forsee this thread being a long one as we all share our experiences of our purchase!!

BUT- how are we going to refer to this new addition to our family of cameras?? It surely needs a snappy monica - any suggestions anyone? The manual seems to refer to it as a "DNR3"  - What do you think??

Link to website with manual / spec:-

http://www.dynamic-cctv.com/TECH/DTV-VLL-PRO-W5.html

Also marked as shipped - Friday delivery!!

I've just had a new Maplins open - 10 mins drive away!!! - just off for first visit to suss out possible connectors and see what else can be dragooned into astro use!!

Am I the first to receive the camera? - just got back from Maplins (1.05 pm) - postie was just about to knock on the door with the parcel!!

Well - that's the afternoon's activities sorted!!

Can't wait to get lunch over!!

Just wired the camera into my PD1 wiring loom with the aid of the following solderless connector from Maplins:-

http://www.maplin.co.uk/solderless-2.1mm-socket-390568

........and it worked first time with a 16mm CCTV lens - so far so good. The build quality doesn't look quite as good as the PD1 - but for the money it looks OK. 

It looks as if the I/R filter should remove fairly easily but I will wait until someone who has had more experience has performed the operation and can offer a few tips.

I am now awaiting darkness to fall so I can see which possible camera settings for night skies may be best.

Looking forward to more experiences from fellow purchasers.

Archived