SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jupiter is beginning to shrink and moving rapidly west to the setting Sun. Observe it while you can as the next high apparition for us northern folk is 2023!

A grab with the 24in whilst testing the scope drive!

image.jpeg

Hope you're all well guys! The moon has been awful on our precious and rare clear skies! 

I'm finding it so hard to keep on here now we can't use tapatalk!

How about we start a whatsapp WADAS group? This will help us all keep in touch and keep up momentum as well, I really need a night out as I haven't had one since August ?

Sam

Yea Jupiter isnt going to be this high for years, 2020 will be nice as its very close to Saturn, about 4 degrees apart i think, so a good photo opportunity .

2022 sees mars, jupiter and saturn all back in the sky together and on the 17th November 2026 it nearly bumpis into Mars :) just 3 degrees away 

There, you can forget that now can you :)

10 minutes ago, Sam Baker said:

Hope you're all well guys! The moon has been awful on our precious and rare clear skies! 

I'm finding it so hard to keep on here now we can't use tapatalk!

How about we start a whatsapp WADAS group? This will help us all keep in touch and keep up momentum as well, I really need a night out as I haven't had one since August ?

Sam

I guess thats ok for people who have Whatsapp

Hi Sam sorry ur not getting out much but neither are the rest of us lol think Iv been out only 5 or 6 times since midd December my self. 

You best keep us up to date with them dates Chris as we will have done another 30.000 posts by the first date and it will be a [removed word] to find the post lol 

Yeah Sam WhatsApp is another option we spoke about before but as not everyone has it we can't  solely use it but we can add it as another form of communication. 

I'll give you a bell next time anyway. But remember you are more than welcome to pop up to mine! ;)

8 hours ago, Soupy said:

Skies looking pretty clear. Just back from Sheffield arena. Guess what I've been to see! ;)

Screenshot_20160422-234109.png

Did you find that place to park nearby  Soupy ?, best seats in the house by looks of it also.

Nice work Chris, great to see you getting some imaging done. I fell asleep on the sofa so ended up missing the skies, wrestling is tiring work ;).

yes Eric, parked in front of five guys, had a quick burger there then went to the show, cheers for the heads up on parking!

Whilst perusing google maps looking for suitable spot's in Wales for a viewing session later in the year I spotted this in the sky? not sure what it is? maybe a hot air balloon? If you travel up and down the road it does move.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.2012437,-3.7643251,3a,75y,112.68h,103.34t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sGBMxO7qI2Dy-wKcF7qqH2A!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

40 minutes ago, Soupy said:

Either that, or a piece of dirt on the lens as it tends to stay in the middle of the frame.  But very intriguing!

It does seem to stay in the front field of view so the dirt/ squashed bug theory is probably right

Archived