SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sounds seedy if you ask me :)

We might have clear skies tonight and also tomorrow, shame the moon is around though but good if people wanted to image it. i think its phase is around 94% so theres still some terminator there.

Mars is up at 23:40 and Saturn just 20 minutes behind it rising at midnight, both are low though and only getting to a maximum Alt of 15 degrees around 4am.

Happy observing guys :)

32 minutes ago, astrotyke said:

sounds seedy if you ask me :)

We might have clear skies tonight and also tomorrow, shame the moon is around though but good if people wanted to image it. i think its phase is around 94% so theres still some terminator there.

Mars is up at 23:40 and Saturn just 20 minutes behind it rising at midnight, both are low though and only getting to a maximum Alt of 15 degrees around 4am.

Happy observing guys :)

IMAGE-12_2016-04-18.JPG

13 minutes ago, nicks90 said:

is anyone going out tonight - bloomin moon is about so not sure if i can be bothered or just stay in the back yard.

Lovely day and probably going to be a nice night. With the DLB out it wont be worth it. I'll be out just at work! and even viewing the DLB is better than that !

Hi guys,

Well, I haven't been on here for about a year...! But I'm planning on coming to the meeting this evening. Only thing is I won't have a car, and I'm not on my bike at the moment. Is anyone able to pass through Wakefield at all on the way? 

Cheers,

Steve

Caught the last hour of the meeting and it was really interesting.

As Soupy says great curry and company 

Tonight is looking clear although the DLB will ruin anything except the planets 

Really interesting talk by Nick Howes followed by the usual top draw curry afterwards with lots of belly laughs. Soupy and Gain seemed to turn into Beavis and Butthead, much to Luke's amusement. Who said astronomers are boring, eh??

Yes, the Moon will put pay to any DSO viewing tonight. I'm hoping it stops clear after midnight to at least have a look at Mars and Saturn. Might even try to grab a sneaky image if I can manage it. 

Archived