SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

1 hour ago, Soupy said:

Excellent night up at kielder with Eric and the kids. Shame the clouds were about. 

Considering we were plagued by clouds the  students from QEGS  did manage to see a little bit bit of the night sky through an opening in the canopy of the dark, spooky, ghostly features that are keilder forrest , nice night walk all the same followed by a Soup's Astro quiz, the answers from the boy's were of  really good standard, {better than mine lol), shows they must be paying attention to him class !!!!!

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 13/04/2016 at 18:05, Mark62 said:

No it's not looking too good this week. I could have gone out my self if it had been clear 

Maybe a chance of some clear, or clearish skies tomorrow night. Not for me though as im out at a party

Yay! New S@N magazine arrived just before I was heading off to work, and this month we have a lovely poster on Mars.

Quick shuffle around in Vic's Astronomy Central and I've squeezed it in. Hmm, the "proper " pictures may have to go soon..... LOL

Hope we do get some clear skies on Saturday night. I am desperate to get out with my gear again :)

IMG_20160415_130826.jpg

ive been processing some of my avis that I took on tuesday night of the moon, and then one memeber of wadas half way through the nights session (I wont name Vicky :) ) said try and get shots of it all. Well i didnt quiet manage that becvause of the clouds that rolled in and the fact the moon was setting behind my house, but after some processing and a a big hand from vikys photo shop the resulting image was produced. Im happy with that for the first time of really imaging the moon :)

Chris

The Moon 12.04.2016 NEW.jpg

The Moon 12.04.2016.jpg

Looks great Chris and it was a pleasure to help. Don't know why that one image didn't "merge" into the mosaic properly, but I "Pritt Sticked" it on there lol

Don't know what crazy person suggested you try to get the whole Moon done..... Haha ;)

You're on a roll now matey 

Don't know if I'll get to Winscar tonight if it is clear. Not been too well this last couple of days, so may well just stop at home and do a bit of back yard astronomy. 

Just looking at the sky now and it is a beautiful morning! Going to help my mate get her old house clean and clear this morning, as the buyers move in on Monday and the keys are exchanged. Hoping it stops like this all day. Would like another go at that beauty of a sunspot later, and it will hopefully stop clear for tonight too!

Come on cloud gods, we need a break :)

Showing misty at Winscar tonight, the wind speed is around 5mph which is good.It says 37% cloud to midnight with a chance of sleet. Tomorrow night is showing clear but the wind speed has picked up to 15mph.

I'm going to keep an eye on it for tonight and see how it pans out for a trip up

Nice images Chris, with Ursulas stitching as well! Well done.

just checked clear outside, been rather cloudy all day here so far but looks like clear from 8 onwards with no fog forecast, fingers crossed! If any want to pop up here instead of Winscar feel free, just let me know. ;)

4 hours ago, mapstar said:

Showing misty at Winscar tonight, the wind speed is around 5mph which is good.It says 37% cloud to midnight with a chance of sleet. Tomorrow night is showing clear but the wind speed has picked up to 15mph.

I'm going to keep an eye on it for tonight and see how it pans out for a trip up

Percentage cloud has dropped for tonight from 9pm till midnight down to 18%. Looking better 

1 minute ago, Mark62 said:

Iv just got back from a ride out that way and all the roads are clear and the snow has melted. Just need a heads up if we're going and at what time 

I'm going to head up for around 8:30-9pm Mark. Forecast is changable but has it clear from midnight 

1 hour ago, Mark62 said:

The BBC has heavy snow at 9:00pm for Dunford bridge 

Mark, I have just checked no less than 5 different weather forecasts for Ossett and non are the same , some a bit same though lol, some say clear after 9pm, other say Rain after 9pm, wind at 5mph and again another says 10mph and it goes on and on, they haven't a clue lol.

Archived