Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, astrotyke said:

are people off to dunford bridge on Tuesday then? All i can see is cloud forecast unless someone else knows different

Met check has it clear for the woodhead tunnel rocks area which is not far from winscar. XC weather for dunford bridge the same. I've not checked the bbc

3 minutes ago, astrotyke said:

ah right, i checked about an hour ago and everone was saying partly cloudy, bbc has now changed to a bit of clear skies

Nothing stopping it changing back though

21 minutes ago, Ryan P said:

Well... That should make polar alignment of the barn door tracker a little easier. EQ5 polar alignment scope. Adjusted and calibrated for the next clear night ?

image.jpeg

Yeah great bit of kit Ryan

Mods are easier than parting the damn clouds! :clouds1::angry9:

10 minutes ago, gtis said:

Nice bit of engineering there Ryan

Cheers mate. 

Ill probably be up for Tuesday night weather depending. Maybe just play it by ear. Bit early to predict the weather for Tuesday yet.

1 minute ago, Ryan P said:

Cheers mate. 

Ill probably be up for Tuesday night weather depending. Maybe just play it by ear. Bit early to predict the weather for Tuesday yet.

Sounds good buddy, there's always a good bit of scope build reading in the DIY section if it's cloudy :grin:

3 minutes ago, mapstar said:

Yeah great bit of kit Ryan

Mods are easier than parting the damn clouds! :clouds1::angry9:

The clouds have given me time to do this lol. Now hoping for some distant night in the future where I might get chance to use it for 5 minutes ?

Fingers crossed for Tuesday night for you all, I'll not be there unfortunately. Might be back Wednesday onwards though so I'll keep an eye if you are out.

great looking barn door Ryan, and polar mod looks great.

i may even get out tonight if its still clear ish, i cant be bothered to walk to the back door to check lol. My plans might have changed for tomorrow, so i may be able to come t resovoir tomorrow after all. Are we off to the same car park as we normally go to Damian, down the little road off Dunford road, or the car park off Windel edge road where the gates to the sailing club are?

Archived