SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, I'd have liked to have been there. Looks like there might be clear sky's between 7 and 9 tonight before the rain comes, although on the national forecast that was updated at lunch time it looks clear till at least midnight

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Nice star trails Soupy.

Cracking time lapse and looked a super night shame so many missed it.

Typical, the forecast I took most notice of was the mist & sleet one, there were three I looked at and the one on FLO was ok, but the other two were showing mist and sleet  after 9 pm, so I gave it a miss, now I regret  making that decision, but at least the 2 of you had a good viewing session anyway so I'm pleased for you.

Its a shame we don't know anyone living close to winscar who would be willing to give us all a more precise evening forecast than these weather people !! ,   

The results are in. Up to page 506 (which was the last full page when I trawled the thread), here are the post counts:

Soupy 1588 Vicky050373 1585 mapstar 1520 astrotyke 1201 Mark62

No one else is even close (next is Sam Baker on 485)

I've been out seeing stars of a different kind, in fact they were at war with one another. Finally got to see The Force Awakens, might be the last cinema trip for while, which is a shame because I fancy watching The Hateful 8 and The Remenant as well.

Finally watched Star Wars today.. Absolutely loved it......

We used to be weekly visitors to the cinema until the day we became three then the cinema became fantasy island!

Good luck to you Matt and your partner on the big day and hope all goes well.

Here's that star I wanted to find last night Soupy. Hind's Crimson Star or the Vampire star as it's also known. Variable  Mag 7.3 to 9.8

Ooh, I've tried to find that before, but had no success - we'll have to try to find it next time we are out viewing.

I can't believe I'm only 3 posts behind Soupy either Mark lol

Finally discovered where a little double end-threaded adapter lives that has been floating around my box of kit since I bought my scope and imaging gear last year. It does my head in not knowing where something lives, and what it does. After testing the threads out on practically all my kit, I have discovered that it attaches the filter wheel to the SCT visual back adapter. I can sleep now lol :)

Anyone going out to do any viewing tonight? I think I'm going to try to do a bit of back yard viewing if it stops clear after dinner.

It's not looking too bad at the minute :)

The results are in. Up to page 506 (which was the last full page when I trawled the thread), here are the post counts:

Soupy 1588 Vicky050373 1585 mapstar 1520 astrotyke 1201 Mark62

No one else is even close (next is Sam Baker on 485)

Interesting to know that the majority of my posts aren't even on this thread  :wink:

Archived