Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Peppa Pig is pretty mind numbing, although it was the cause of much family amusement when one of the kids came out with "Uncle Kevin looks like daddy Pig cos he wears glasses"

You can't beat a bit if peppa pig lol

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Peppa Pig is awesome. Anyone who doesn't like Peppa Pig should look up "Peppa Pig and Rocking Gazelles" on YouTube - that'll make you giggle hehe

The stars are back out over Horbury and Jupiter is rising beautifully in the East - hope it's still clear at Winscar.

I've been busy fixing Luke's old Planetarium - think the sound box has gone kaput, but the light is working again.

Looks great in Vic's Astronomy Central.

Think I might pop out with the little 80mm refractor and have 15 minutes with Jupiter :)

post-39306-0-88054900-1452465192_thumb.j

When the kids ask what's for dinner I always tell them Poppa Pig Sandwiches...

Had about an hour and half in the back garden, but very little luck on finding anything tonight. Don't know if it was sense of direction or if it wasn't very transparent.

Has anyone been back up to the cricket club since Thursday? I've lost my dew shield, and wonder if it's dropped out on the car park - when I say dew shield , read: cut up bit of blue camping mat.

Has anyone been back up to the cricket club since Thursday? I've lost my dew shield, and wonder if it's dropped out on the car park - when I say dew shield , read: cut up bit of blue camping mat.

Sorry, no, we haven't been back up - didn't notice it when we called back up there on Thursday after the pub.

To be honest, we don't get up there very often - we tend to head to Winscar if we go out viewing.

If I think on tomorrow I'll call up and have a look, but the chances are it'll be gone/blown away by now, even if you did drop it up there.

It's annoying when you lose things :(

Heads up - a Celestron NexImage 5 colour CCD has just gone up in the classifieds for £120 - good price! :)

And it's sold already - didn't think it'd hang around long at that price as it was about half what you'd expect to pay for it new.

Shows you have to snap these things up if you want them :)

I've been out seeing stars of a different kind, in fact they were at war with one another. Finally got to see The Force Awakens, might be the last cinema trip for while, which is a shame because I fancy watching The Hateful 8 and The Remenant as well.

Just arrived back from a 3 hour session at winscar.

I arrived at just gone half 8, the temperature was 4°C but there was a breeze so it felt like minus figures especially on the extremities!

The sky looked really good the only cloud being east back towards Barnsley which was clearing quickly.

Soupy wandered up at just gone 9 by that time I was already in double figures with the Messiers. Luckily the breeze dropped and there was a noticeable difference.

I retraced my steps with Soupy's scope to have a better look and we had a very productive 2 1/2 hours. The skies were very kind.

Here's a quick list

M34 ,35, 36, 37, 38, 41, 42, 43, 44, 46, 47, 50, 52, 78, 81, 82, 110

NGC 3077, 884, 869, 2303, 2306

Carolines cluster

We both left just before midnight as typically after 3 weeks off I have to be up at 5 Monday morning for work!

The drive home was uneventful but I could see frost forming on the untreated roads so was more cautious than usual.

A great session and fantastic to be out.

Sorry, no, we haven't been back up - didn't notice it when we called back up there on Thursday after the pub.

To be honest, we don't get up there very often - we tend to head to Winscar if we go out viewing.

If I think on tomorrow I'll call up and have a look, but the chances are it'll be gone/blown away by now, even if you did drop it up there.

It's annoying when you lose things :(

Thanks Vicky, don't worry about I'll get another at the weekend - was only a fiver.

Just arrived back from a 3 hour session at winscar.

I arrived at just gone half 8, the temperature was 4°C but there was a breeze so it felt like minus figures especially on the extremities!

The sky looked really good the only cloud being east back towards Barnsley which was clearing quickly.

Soupy wandered up at just gone 9 by that time I was already in double figures with the Messiers. Luckily the breeze dropped and there was a noticeable difference.

I retraced my steps with Soupy's scope to have a better look and we had a very productive 2 1/2 hours. The skies were very kind.

Here's a quick list

M34 ,35, 36, 37, 38, 41, 42, 43, 44, 46, 47, 50, 52, 78, 81, 82, 110

NGC 3077, 884, 869, 2303, 2306

Carolines cluster

We both left just before midnight as typically after 3 weeks off I have to be up at 5 Monday morning for work!

The drive home was uneventful but I could see frost forming on the untreated roads so was more cautious than usual.

A great session and fantastic to be out.

So glad you had a good night up there, I was tired last night and couldn't get off the sofa lol anyway, here's hoping to more clear skies this week.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Morning all

Was an excellent evening and yes I did miss the usual suspects Soupy.

The forecast fog and sleet didn't appear thankfully.

Best night in three months for me although we did fail on a couple of targets. The bearings on the Meade need a little work but all in all it gave us some fine views.

Morning all

Was an excellent evening and yes I did miss the usual suspects Soupy.

The forecast fog and sleet didn't appear thankfully.

Best night in three months for me although we did fail on a couple of targets. The bearings on the Meade need a little work but all in all it gave us some fine views.

thats great, maybe some more clear skies tonight, with a bit of wind forecast. metcheck says the wind during the night will be around 20mph, the bbc has it down as 9mph for Royston.

the forecast for Dunford bridge tonight is more cloudy than at Royston, but you never know as last night proved for you!

Archived