Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Heads up - a Celestron NexImage 5 colour CCD has just gone up in the classifieds for £120 - good price! :)

In fact, he's put a few bit and pieces on that might be of some interest to people, including a Revelation EP and filter set, and a Hyperion zoom EP :)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you do both? I'd go to winscarr now but I'm cooking a chicken lol

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Could do both in the garden easily yes. Winscarr is a bit more tricky but not impossible. Still undecided.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

Could do both in the garden easily yes. Winscarr is a bit more tricky but not impossible. Still undecided.

I'll see what is like a bit later, I offered to cook tea lol so I'll have to wait till after then

Finished my flight case (for now), and fitted my other EPs, 2x barlow and colour/moon filters from my other Celestron kit into the same case.

As I treat myself to new EPs I can move out any that I won't be using as much.

At least I only have to grab the one case when I go out viewing now.

Job's a good 'un! :)

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I went and bought one from maplin yesterday and got all of my stuff in it too they are pretty neat little cases?

What time were you thinking of? I might join you....where do you park exactly as when i went down i parked at dunford bridge sailing club.....

I looked yesterdat and if you wanted various different sizes then maplin sell packs of 3 flight cases without foam for i think about £20-£25 and dunelm sell foam to go in it but cant remember how much

Cheers Adam. Where did everyone else get there foam from?

Who is?

User name "springbok" - have you ever looked in the classifieds Adam?

Click the link at the top of the page - worth looking at daily as there can be some good deals to be had, but you have to be quick :)

That's why I gave everyone the heads up as it had only just been posted when I checked on there.

I have a quick look every time I log on lol

My case came with the foam already fitted inside - it's that stuff that's in little squares, so you just cut away what you don't need - easy.

It's ok for light bits of kit, but would not offer enough support for heavy things, such as mounts etc.

You'd need much firmer packing for that kind of kit :)

I'm undecided myself my usable scope is time consuming to set up

User name "springbok" - have you ever looked in the classifieds Adam?

Click the link at the top of the page - worth looking at daily as there can be some good deals to be had, but you have to be quick :)

That's why I gave everyone the heads up as it had only just been posted when I checked on there.

I have a quick look every time I log on lol

My case came with the foam already fitted inside - it's that stuff that's in little squares, so you just cut away what you don't need - easy.

It's ok for light bits of kit, but would not offer enough support for heavy things, such as mounts etc.

You'd need much firmer packing for that kind of kit :)

I've got my EQ5 mount head in one, seems solid enough, but I guess no where near as big or heavy as an HEQ5 or EQ6

What time were you thinking of? I might join you....where do you park exactly as when i went down i parked at dunford bridge sailing club.....

The big car park Adam. It's on Hade edge side of dunford bridge on the way towards Holmfirth.

Yeah....i have no idea where that is lol all i know is i went to a small-ish car park that people use for things other than sky watching, you heading up there or you thinking more local?

Type in

Red Apple Workers Cooperative in Google maps

It will show you where the turning is to the large car park

Archived