Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it was worth a shot! We were above the fog but unfortunately the cloud never lifted. A few patches left us watching for stars not meteors!

However a very entertaining night with Damian, Mark and Neil... Putting the world to rights and behaving appropriately for an official WADAS event.

Till next time gents!

Pleased to hear a few of you got out and enjoyed some good company.

Shame the clouds didn't clear for you, but it sounds like you had a pleasant evening nonetheless.

I was going to pop down for an hour after X-Factor, but Terry put his foot down and said I wasn't to go as the fog had got quite bad Horbury way. We've had a couple of hectic weeks as a family, plus I am on earlies this week, and I think he's just frightened of me getting tired out before we even get to Christmas.

He was right really, but I still wanted to come with it being an official WADAS event to show my support, but he would not be shifted.

I know he's trying to help, as I always end up trying to take everything on myself with regards to family and Christmas "stuff".

Anyway, wonder if it'll be any clearer this evening to try to spot a few late ones :)

There were loads of meteors to be seen last night the 10:15 from Spain the 10:20 from Glasgow so on and so on you just hat to use ur imagination lol.

No really thanks Paul Damian and Neil for the company and lots of laughs really enjoyed the time we were up there [emoji106]

Is anyone watching Tim Peake's live blast off tomorrow morning? BBC1 at 10.30am.

Unfortunately, I'm at work, but I have set it to record so I can watch it when I get home.

Don't forget Brit in Space on BBC2 at 7pm, which will show live coverage of his arrival at the ISS.

If it is clear tomorrw evening at 6.49pm, we may get a glimpse of the ISS, however it will only be at 18 degrees, so not an easy spot.

It'll be a strange thought that as we are watching it go overhead at over 17,000 mph, there are astronaughts just about to dock with it.

Archived