Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice report Nick, and pleased to hear you got out and did some quality viewing.

I quite liked NGC 1907 too.

I'm wondering if the Eskimo Nebula is a bit like NGC 6543 The Cat's Eye nebula, in the way that it is a lot smaller than you think it is going to be. Gain and myself took ages to find The Cat's Eye at Kelling - think we must have passed right across it a dozen times! Took a high power EP to finally pick it out from just being another star. Made M57 The Ring Nebula look huge in comparison!

Well, what can I say Damian - well done buddy - you have created something special there.

I look forward to the honour and privilege of having a look through it myself.

So pleased for you :)

Great report Nick! I have managed the Eskimo nebula on several occasions. It is tiny though. Looks great through a higher mag eye piece.

Good to hear Damian got his first light! Top stuff! Must be very exciting.

Neil. Sorry I didn't reply on the other thread. The objects we observed in my scope were.

Andromeda M31 & M110

Crab Nebula M1

Pleiades

NGC6946 Fireworks Galaxy

M35 cluster

M42 Orion Nebula

Thats all I really remember.

Think I spent too much time talking lol

Cheers Guys

I enjoyed the hour we were out last night and found quite a bit out about what the scope needs and will be on it in the next couple of weeks.

I may need some help again from a certain top bloke on here again

Cheers Guys

I enjoyed the hour we were out last night and found quite a bit out about what the scope needs and will be on it in the next couple of weeks.

I may need some help again from a certain top bloke on here again

What I couldn't get over was the sheer amount of stars and doubles I've never seen before.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they have got the forecasts wrong. Last night was not really forecast

Damian

Maybe some clearish skies tonight for a couple of hours before it clouds over, small chance tomorrow night too, but sunday/monday look cloudy atm.

Please remember to let me know, by Sunday, if you are intending on joining us for the Christmas curry this coming Thursday.

The names I have already are...

Soupy, Damian, Ryan, Vicky, Luke, Chris, Sam Boyer, Lee P, Vicky, Jim, Mark

Anything for you Damian as long as I get a look through that beast one day!! I bet it is amazing! Let me know what your after if you want mate. Might be able to get on with it tomorrow.

Good stuff Ryan, I'll have a think on what I need and pop up to discuss it.

Think I might start a rain drop watching club up I could call it WADRDWS just need to find a way of mounting a wiper to the front of the frack. Any one want to join [emoji20][emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol I've given up hope of any good clear nights soon. I thought there was a bit of a chance tonight but I'm not sure on the forecast I've just seen. We need the wind to change direction but that doesn't look likely soon

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

You do know the curry night clashes with the opening night of star wars!

Haha, yes, I thought of that but I guess if you've not booked your Star Wars tickets for Thursday night already then you'll have no chance now anyway.

We're booked in on Saturday night for my brothers 40th birthday - think there's about 20 of us going.

I've got a week to get the kids to watch the first 6 films before then so they'll know what it's all about!

Trying to find someone who's got Episodes I and II on DVD as the one's I borrowed from Gain won't play on our DVD as they are the wrong region! Episodes III to VI will play, but they both want to watch them all from the beginning.

I've tried explaining that Episode I is shonk, but I can see why they want to watch them all :)

Archived