Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Sounds like you all had a good night, shame I couldn't be there - I've been finishing off fitting a towel radiator in the bathroom which proved troublesome - I stopped one leak, then another would appear. Seems to be dry now though at last.

My waistline will thank me for not winning any chocolate as well.

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't up in time really. Going back to work this morning so wanted the maximum time asleep. Still feel tired so I bet I'll be in bed for 8 tonight lol. Looking forward to the curry night

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Managed to get a couple of pics of The Moon and Venus, and hopefully one of all 3 planets in the same frame with the Moon, however the tree may have got in the way of Mars. Not got time to download them onto the laptop now, as I'm off to work, but I'll have a look later on this afternoon. Couldn't find comet Catalina though.

Managed to get a couple of pics of The Moon and Venus, and hopefully one of all 3 planets in the same frame with the Moon, however the tree may have got in the way of Mars. Not got time to download them onto the laptop now, as I'm off to work, but I'll have a look later on this afternoon. Couldn't find comet Catalina though.

I thought it was Venus above the Moon this morning, but I have just realised that it is Jupiter. Durr!

Having a quick look at the pics on my camera screen and I can clearly make out two of it's moons.

I'll get them downloaded and post a pic later. Looks pretty cool :)

Make no wonder I couldn't find Catalina - was looking near the wrong planet! Silly me hehe

Cracking night last night. Thanks Soupy for putting together a challenging but really enjoyable quiz. Great company as well. It was nice to get to meet Mat for the first time too. Looking forward to maybe some viewing up at Winscar or the curry night on the 17th.

Cheers [emoji4]

Been looking at dobs again, possibly get one shortly after I'm sure I have the funds for it this month (first mortgage payment next week :embarassed:).

I was originally looking at the 10 or 12inch Skywatcher dob at £430 & £845 roughly.

http://www.green-witch.com/skyliner-250px-10-1574-p.asp

http://www.green-witch.com/flextube-300p-1577-p.asp

But came across this at Rother Valley for a lot less, 12inch for £550.

http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/revelation-12-f5-m-crf-premium-dobsonian-telescope.html

My only concern is that it Is solid tube so could be heavy and long - fitting in the car for example. Has anyone got any experience with this, as to why its cheaper and what its like to use? I personally have never used a non Skywatcher dob.

Matt.

Revelation sounds like a good offer Matt and transporting shouldn't be too much of a problem. I have managed to get my Meade 12.5" in the fiesta!

Have you tried scouring eBay though? There are some good bargains to be had! And I should know ;)

The total was 140 Mark, bottom of the class for you! ;)

It was a typo soupy I just missed the one off.

I was up at 6 this morning lovely clear sky's Venus, Mars, Jupiter and the moon looked lovely. Can any one tell me under the dark sky's of Norfolk is is possible to see the Heart or Soul nebular With binoculars ? I found the two open clusters and just above there was a large fuzzy patch. Iv looked on stellarium and that's the only thing I can put it down to.

Your help or other suggestions would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was a typo soupy I just missed the one off.

I was up at 6 this morning lovely clear sky's Venus, Mars, Jupiter and the moon looked lovely. Can any one tell me under the dark sky's of Norfolk is is possible to see the Heart or Soul nebular With binoculars ? I found the two open clusters and just above there was a large fuzzy patch. Iv looked on stellarium and that's the only thing I can put it down to.

Your help or other suggestions would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the one in Cassiopeia mark?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Archived