Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here Chris as I'm at work while 8 then back at 5am

That's a tight turn around Damian - you'll be shattered. If you can make it you might need to ring your food order ahead so it's ready for when you get there. It's going to be pushing it though.

Suppose one good thing about meeting earlier is that it means it doesn't have to be a late night as I imagine most of us will be working Friday morning. However, the early start will make it a push for anyone to get there who is working late on the Thursday night.

has everyone been buying Takahashi quadruplets and NEQ8 mounts this past month? The weather is APPALLING!

I've just spent 30 minutes in the garage and kept noticing this big black thing in the corner and wondering what it was - completely forgotten what a telescope is its been that long since I got it out!

Mines sat in the corner of the cottage we have rented. Had clear sky's for about and hour last night but too windy for the scope and it's not looking good for the rest of the week [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

has everyone been buying Takahashi quadruplets and NEQ8 mounts this past month? The weather is APPALLING!

I've just spent 30 minutes in the garage and kept noticing this big black thing in the corner and wondering what it was - completely forgotten what a telescope is its been that long since I got it out!

I'm same too Nick, have the same sort of thing hanging about the house!

For a minute I thought you were going to say it was a giant spider that is going to take over the world.

Things can always get worse eh ;)

Matt.

For a minute I thought you were going to say it was a giant spider that is going to take over the world.

Things can always get worse eh ;)

Matt.

Have you seen it too! Yes it does have a giant spider on it and it's going to gobble galaxies up!!!

If this cloudy, rainy, windy and darn right terrible weather gives in!!

Looks like we have a series of low pressure systems coming in from the Atlantic all week. So it doesn't look too good. I havnt checked to see if the clear skies on Thursday are still there.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Hi all,

I just e-mailed the WADAS committee about this but I thought I'd cast the net a bit wider.

Soupy has done a great write up for the Wakefield Express about the planned Geminid observing event they have said they will go with.

He sent me an image of a geminid but they are concerned it might not come out very well in the paper.

Does anyone have any images that might be better in the paper? Less dark. Doesn't really need to be of a gemind. Could be of someone using a telescope or something like that? Preferably landscape? Something astronomical related to the society or observing.

Let me know

Cheers

Sam

It's cloudy here again to day forecast is for cloudy sky's tonight as well.

So at the end of our cottage there's an open barn/ garage with a barn owl box and 2 resident owls.

The plan is to set up the cannon plug it into the windows tablet and use APT to take some pictures of the owls. Hope it works

Just ordered my Celestron Evo 9.25 from FLO, should be here this week, is it worth unboxing or should I leave it while probably May next year when the sky eventually clears lol !!!

I'd leave it in the box and ask them how long there return policy runs for lol just kidding.

Looks a lovely scope and I'm sure it will clear at some time and you will enjoy the views that if offers

Just ordered my Celestron Evo 9.25 from FLO, should be here this week, is it worth unboxing or should I leave it while probably May next year when the sky eventually clears lol !!!

Looks like Nick has his answer...... ;)

It really does look like a fab scope Eric - fingers crossed we get a break soon to get out and do some viewing :)

Just ordered my Celestron Evo 9.25 from FLO, should be here this week, is it worth unboxing or should I leave it while probably May next year when the sky eventually clears lol !!!

Keep it in the box pristine, it should be worth a fortune as an antique by the time the clouds clear!!

Well well would you believe it just had 2 hours out side with the small frac. Just scanned around with it on the tripod just the usual targets. Orion, beehive cluster, M45, and searched and found NGC2169 aka the 37 cluster. Was not really looking for anything in particular but enjoyed the time out side. Cloudy now which is a shame was hoping it would last longer

Well well would you believe it just had 2 hours out side with the small frac. Just scanned around with it on the tripod just the usual targets. Orion, beehive cluster, M45, and searched and found NGC2169 aka the 37 cluster. Was not really looking for anything in particular but enjoyed the time out side. Cloudy now which is a shame was hoping it would last longer

That's good mark, I've just been outside and seen something thats not been seen from Yorkshire for thousands of years, Venus, Mars and the moon :) Venus is shining very brightly this morning.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Archived