WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was nice and clear when I finished work this morning, venus was really nice and bright in the morning sky, the thin crescent moon was beautiful, I wanted to get the scope out but at 6am I needed my bed [emoji20]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck for Monday night... I won't be able to make it as Dawn is away for work.

As for this weekend. Been wall to wall cloud. Managed the summer triangle tonight through the clouds and with averted vision, thought it was going to clear later as Cassiopeia appeared but it soon clouded over again! Big shame but, nice to chill with a few beers and some spirits., ;)

Hi all just walked in the house had a good trip back.

Unfortunately it was way too cloudy to see anything at the observatory. The ppl were reply friendly and they dead it made a change to have an astronomer in there, ha ha me an astronomer who'd have thought.

The best thing is they have asked me to become a volunteer like I know anything about astronomy.

Mark

Glad you're home safe and sound Mark. Just waiting for the rest of the Kielder party to arrive home.

I should imagine by now Vicky has gone through the cold turkey stage if not she may have to hit the services to put a post up! Or get a chocolate bar to ease the pain lol

Hi all just walked in the house had a good trip back.

Unfortunately it was way too cloudy to see anything at the observatory. The ppl were reply friendly and they dead it made a change to have an astronomer in there, ha ha me an astronomer who'd have thought.

The best thing is they have asked me to become a volunteer like I know anything about astronomy.

Mark

I'd make doubly certain it was for the astronomy before saying yes lol

I'd make doubly certain it was for the astronomy before saying yes lol

Lol I did think the same thing Damian. It was nice to be asked and they did seem genuine about it and you do get to play with them lovely big scopes.

Iv not heard from Vicky at all today and they did not say what time they were leaving

Mark

Thought I'd drop a post on here about next Sunday, 18th. There's an Astrofestival taking place at east riddlestone hall at Keighly. It's with the Keighly, Leeds and Bradford astronomy society's and its from 12:30 till 11pm. They have solar observing along with some people doing talks. face painting and a water rocket competition for the kids. When. It's dark they have telescopes there for observing with. I think it's free if your a national trust member otherwise its £3. Should be a good day out if the weather is clear so thought I'd post it on here to bring it to peoples attention.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

There is also an event by the Mexborough and Swinton astronomical society on the 17th (sat) at the RSPB old moor site. Its £10 including pie and peas, hot drink and telescopes for public use. They also have Julian Onions giving a talk (From here to infinity or aperture fever) on the 15th (Thu) at Swinton working men's club admission £2 to guests. See their website for more details and contacts

There is also an event by the Mexborough and Swinton astronomical society on the 17th (sat) at the RSPB old moor site. Its £10 including pie and peas, hot drink and telescopes for public use. They also have Julian Onions giving a talk (From here to infinity or aperture fever) on the 15th (Thu) at Swinton working men's club admission £2 to guests. See their website for more details and contacts

Nice one. I'm guessing that's an evening event then. Sounds good though.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Archived