WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

I was just typing a post to the same effect. Typical astronomy weather lol. Could have done with that half an hour in bed this morning too. Oh well, that's our hobby for you ;)

Hi Vicky

Hope the cars ok,enjoy the weekend,I will be up around 5-30am tomorrow for work so i might have a quick peek

Out before going to work

Neil

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Vicky

Hope the cars ok,enjoy the weekend,I will be up around 5-30am tomorrow for work so i might have a quick peek

Out before going to work Neil

They have already told me the size of the bill, unfortunately I didn't have time to mess about seeing if I could get it done cheaper anywhere else. Plus, I use them at Horbury Bridge all the time and I never known them to rip me off. It's not just the inconvenience, but more the money at the moment with Terry being off work. An expense we could to without, but hey ho, that's life. No point stressing about it. Just hope they keep their promise to have it ready for early afternoon :)

I was up at 6 this morning even though I'm not at work. It was cloudy for the conjunction but I did see it yesterday.

Having dead that Orion was clear in the south and looking really good it's lovely to see after such a long time Sirius was bright and clear Aldebaran was really bright and a lovely golden yellow then the clouds covered it all over

Mark

They have already told me the size of the bill, unfortunately I didn't have time to mess about seeing if I could get it done cheaper anywhere else. Plus, I use them at Horbury Bridge all the time and I never known them to rip me off. It's not just the inconvenience, but more the money at the moment with Terry being off work. An expense we could to without, but hey ho, that's life. No point stressing about it. Just hope they keep their promise to have it ready for early afternoon :)

Hope everything is ok Vicky and you can get away

Mark

in preparation for a bit of possible observing this evening - decided to charge up the 12v battery and also do some testing.

laser collimator wasnt collimated, it is now!

plugged the sky watcher AZ goto handset from my little AZ tripod in to my big dob. it works!!!!  :grin:

So my 12" dob is now a goto dob. mwu-ha-ha-ha-ha.

Paul and Vicky the A1 could be busy tonight the All Blacks are playing Tonga at ST James park in Newcastle at 8:00pm tonight just to warn you there are lost of fans on the road now. Mark

Thanks for the heads up Mark. I am following Soupy up there, so at least we'll be together in any traffic.

Got my car back - all fixed, plus they have provided their usual Hyundai excellent customer service and given it a wash whilst it was in - bonus. It'll think it's its birthday having 2 washes in the space of 6 months - it usually only gets done when it's in for its service/MOT lol.

Unless anyone changes their mind, looks like it is just myself and Soupy this weekend - all the more chocolate and goodies for us!

I've got your number to see about meeting up tomorrow Mark :)

Safe journey - when are you driving up there, or are you already there?

Hope those that are going to kielder have a great time and plenty of observing! Good luck guys

Thanks Sam - hopefully we'll see you again soon - just about to finish getting the car loaded up. Luke is due back at 3pm, so I'll be chucking him in the shower and then heading out to meet up with Soupy at 4.30pm. Looking forward to it. Hope we get some clear skies :)

You'll definitely see me soon, im becoming less busy as we speak, got all the major workload done now so it's just bits and bats left. I should be free on Tuesday's again and I've got this Monday free as well so if the skies are clear I may end up taking a trip out somewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, wall to wall cloud over Kielder - good job Soupy's fridge is wall o wall beer! Chilled out with crisps, giant buttons and a roaring log fire. Only thing that would make it any more perfect would be some clear sky! Ah well, I'm sure we'll make the most of it :)

Just been out with Nick and Leigh and the skies weren't kind to be fair.

Only real thing of note was an early Orionid travelling straight through Auriga Capella to El nath. Was great.

Lots of clouds and struggling to find anything.

Thanks for the company tonight Nick and Damian

Was good to get out even though the skies did not reveal many delights.

I managed M34, M36, 37 and M38, I also managed M76 but was difficult to confirm and Nick had a good chuckle trying to see it in the frac! Hate fracs! Detest fracs! Stupid things!

Anyway onto the main event finding NGC891 try as I did the edge on Galaxy never revealed itself in THE FRAC!

So I had a look at it in Nick's 12" proper scope (ahhhh Newts are lovely) and the extra aperture revealed it in all its glory. A lovely thin silver line which was easily detectable with averted vision and quite large in Galaxy terms.

Not much else to write about but good to be out

Damian

Pleased to hear some of you got out and managed a bit of viewing. It was blanket cloud all night up here, so it was a couple of beers and a good old natter for us. Doesn't look like it'll be any better up here tonight. Feel for Mark and his wife who will be having their evening at the Kielder Observatory. Hope you get some clear sky whilst you are there Mark. We'll be in touch later to arrange a meet-up this afternoon. Hope you have a good morning at the photo shoot session :)

It's a shame the forecast is not good for you at kielder. Id have thought Vicky would have talked the clouds away by now but looms like its another night of cloud up there tonight sadly.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Archived