SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some upcoming events for WADAS:

2nd November: Green Witch shop 15th anniversary event. Free refreshments and special offers at Birstall. 10 am to 4 pm. All are welcome.

20th November - Society meeting, 7.30pm Horbury Academy. Guest Speaker - Dr Lee Sproats from GreenWitch will be delivering a talk on comets in prep for Comet Ison.

6th Dec - ‘Comet Ison watch’. Planned to start at 5pm, Horbury Academy

18th Dec - Xmas society meeting, 7.30pm Horbury Academy. Talk about Christmas themed astronomy and followed by observing session

6th Jan -Star Gazing Live! Public observing event at the Quad, Horbury academy 

15t Jan - AGM meeting, 7.30pm Horbury Academy.

February - Organised visit to Todmorden observatory - tbc

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Right the events for the next few months have been added to the Facebook page, please like the page so you can stay up to date with any changes or new information about the society.

I haven't added the February event yet as I wanted to wait until it had been confirmed and we could start garnering interest in it.

Jeremy

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sorry guys was limited to which domain could use so the website is www.wakefieldastronomysociety.co.uk but all info on the site is under astronomical. I've been working hard over the last 24hrs to get a basic site up and running and will publish it later this evening, I've added the main basics to it to make it look like a site and we will add to it over due course so please let me know what you think we can add when you see it all ideas would be great also if anybody what's to write some blogs etc would be good.

Give it an hour and it should be up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That's a proper job kieran, well done and thank you very very much!

Maybe worth grabbing the membership form off Google drive and linking the rest of the drive from it. Also put the wakefieldastronomy@Gmail.com address on there too.

In an ideal situation you are right Rich, but to get up and running after all this time should be priority, if needs be we can always look at changing the address when we get more established and are generating enough revenue through membership to justify it. Kieran has done a pretty good job of the site with what he had and we can't lose sight of that. :-)

Archived