Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

From what I've read elsewhere on here, darks and flats can actually make an image worse if they aren't done correctly. Many recommend not to bother if using a DSLR.

I might have to try it Nick and see what happens. Thanks for advice

Do u still want the wheels Nick? I still have them if u do

Mark

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm looking at the forecast for Dunford Bridge and it's a bit iffy.  I'm staying in Rothwell tonight - I have new, slightly higher fence panels to help block out a security light from about 5 doors down.

I'm looking at the forecast for Dunford Bridge and it's a bit iffy. I'm staying in Rothwell tonight - I have new, slightly higher fence panels to help block out a security light from about 5 doors down.

Sutton bank might be worth a trip if you've never been.

It has a good eastern horizon.

Quite a few time's I have driven back at 5am after a great evening's viewing and will definitely be making the trip up there again hopefully soon

Damian

I am really tempted, but not tonight.  I'm on my two week Easter hols at the moment and the weather does look good this week, but I've got a megaton of work to do and can't afford to be too cabbaged to do any after a really late night.  Work really gets in the way of fun sometimes.

Sutton bank might be worth a trip if you've never been.

It has a good eastern horizon.

Quite a few time's I have driven back at 5am after a great evening's viewing and will definitely be making the trip up there again hopefully soon

Damian

Is that at the gliding club Damian ?? Was up there in February and it seems to have endless views SE- NNE but might be a bit bright with light pollution

Mark

Is that at the gliding club Damian ?? Was up there in February and it seems to have endless views SE- NNE but might be a bit bright with light pollution

Mark

The gliding club does have a good western  view from what I remeber, ive flown a few gliders off there before  too :)

I think though if you went  up sutton bank onto the moors you would get a super view most of the way round as the land up there is nice and flat, not like our Pennines 

Or,

If you could take your telescope to the white horse there, thats has an uninterrupted view south from what i remember. Kilburn is the nearest place for light pollution but its only a small place

Mark

Yes Mark near the gliding club down a little track to the left. Best view is east and west as you look down onto the vale of York to the south so it's light polluted. To the NNE is Middlesborough which has a big light dome above it. But overall it is a good site

Archived