Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great pics, I didn't get any was at work, and way to cloudy in Keighley anyway,  managed a few glimpses near max eclipse although my eclipses glasses were useless prob not bright enough due to the cloud cover, best look was through a welders mask at one of my customers

Well, I had an eventful morning. It turns out that the 1.25" Lunt Herschel Wedge doesn't allow my DSLR to focus on the ED80, so swapped to the ST80 and no joy there either. Then tried the ATIK CCD instead in both scopes, same result - not enough inward focus travel. Totally forgot that I could have added a 2x barlow, so instead resorted to using the 55-250 lens on the Canon with Baader film on the front. Then finally swapped it over onto to the ED80 with the Baader film on.

Plus it was cloudy :(

Here's a montage of some of the best images I was able to take:

Canon 1000D EFS 55 250

Canon 1000D ED80

These are all amazing pics chaps... Well done to one and all. And the blue peter WADAS filters worked a treat although with the cloud cover think some of the good shots were without the filters.

Well done to all on our AP efforts... ;)

just a heads up, some of you may have seen a post in one of the forums on here about Philips stargazing guide being on offer at £2 at the works,   went to carrgate garden centre one today, out of stock but they expecting a delivery of 10 copies on Tuesday,

went to the one in centre of leeds, got a copy there along with Phillips Stargazing with a telescope also £2,

Am thinking of using the click and collect next time, already discounted books, plus the code I mentioned plus above,

Also as the frim contract to deliver the click and collect orders to the stores, if I arranged it to be collected from the store I deliver to, I get paid for delivering my own order, :)

That has to be a win win situation

Had some great views of the sun today with the WADAS solar scope. Really good. Far better than white light. Prominences, filaments, granulation, sun spots. Bit tricky to use on a camera tripod mount. I found you have to move the image around to be able to see detail on different parts of the disc. There's also a bit of a viewing sweet spot.

post-9821-0-69914600-1427032275_thumb.jp

Archived