SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is NOT AP soupy!

:lipsrsealed:

I'm using a camera on a 'fancy motorised dual purpose camera tripod' (aka eq3 with RA drive) and a camera zoom lens. Therefore I am taking widefield terestrial photography which happens to have the sun in it.

It is NOT AP soupy!

:lipsrsealed:

I'm using a camera on a 'fancy motorised dual purpose camera tripod' (aka eq3 with RA drive) and a camera zoom lens. Therefore I am taking widefield terestrial photography which happens to have the sun in it.

Oh dear denial is the first stage to the dark side

Have we not had this conversation before Nick ? Surely it it's a heavenly body as the subject then it's is AP. Especially as u will be zoomed in on sed heavenly body ie the SUN [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NIck your doing AP, just accept it :)

As mentioned I am buying a 150PDS OTA (comes with rings, finder, dovetail and the two original eyepieces, no mount,)

I think for now it will be ok on my AZ-GOTO mount, but eventually I think I am going to need a EQ mount so assume am looking at a HEQ5 question is which one,  from what I am reading if I get the syntrek version £100 cheaper new) than the pro synscan version I can just plug the V3 handset from my AZ mount into it and it will work,

Have I understood this right?

Don't thint I will be able to image the eclipse will be at work, and not got enough baeder film for my camera lens,  don't thinks my big stopper ND10 filter wil be enough

If you're coming to the meeting tonight it would be very helpful if you could bring along a pair of scissors for cutting out card to make solar viewers, I have the card and glue and we will also be bringing along some solar film. See you there :

I'm on afternoons as usual don't finish until 8. Going to set the tv to record SGL as I'd completely forgot about it last night :sad: I'll try to get to the pub afterwards though :grin:

I believe it is on BBC iPlayer for you to catch up with Damian! :)

If you're coming to tonight's meeting and want to make a solar filter for your camera please bring along an empty cereal box or similar.

Gutted I'm going to miss the blue peter astronomy event  :cry:

Archived