Narrowband

WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent offer from Peter, thanks, and please go see him if you have any issues.

If you want to try it yourselves, on low power defocus a mag 2 or 3 star and look for the secondary shadow, centre this then go up power again defocus and centring this again will give your collimation more accuracy.

Chris likely hood was she saw a couple of northern taurids as I mentioned at the meeting Thursday evening! :)

Hi I was looking at Orion and Pleiades last night with the bins at around 1-00am and I think I saw some out of the corner of my eye

Neil

Had a tiring but very enjoyable day with Gain and some of the Huddersfield gang at Leeds Astromeet.

Had 4 very interesting talks on high-speed astronomy (white dwarfs, neutron stars, binary systems and black holes), radio astronomy, dark matter and the life of Patrick Moore.

Just got back home and I'm hoping for a little bit of clear sky later to get the binos out, or even the scope if it's clear enough :)

It's quite windy out so the scope might be a bad idea

Yup, I just popped out back to assess the situation and thought it was a bit breezy. The little frac won't cope with that and don't know if it's worth setting the big mount and scope up. Might just be binos on the tripod tonight.

Soupy - nice one, but kind of reminds me of a scene from Wickerman lol ;)

Being outside with the bins,so i decided to try the telescope a complete waste of time coudnt get it to align

I had to replace the battery in the RDF as I left it on last time and you have to take the RDF off to change the battery

So it may be out of alignment,will have to try it out in daylight

Neil

A date for you all to make a note of!

Thank you - reminder is in my phone.

4.17am? Seriously Chris?

Shame you couldn't get your scope sorted for some viewing last night Neil.

The clouds came over my way and out pay to any viewing, plus it was a bit on the windy side to be honest - they even cancelled Wakefield Thornes Park fireworks!

Hopefully, we'll get a clear day this week so you can align the RDF on a distant target in the day.

I use a pylon that is about 3 miles away, and is placed beautifully for when I set up in the front yard. However, it has to be a pretty clear day to even see it without using the binos!

I need to get out and check the alignment of the RDF on my WO110 before heading down to Kelling Heath next Friday :)

Hi Vicky

Still got to use it manually the Pleiades looked great Orion still raising above the bungalows

So didn't see much there,trouble with a clear day this week when I get home from work it

Starting to get dark

Neil

Just a heads up. The ISS will pass between Jupiter and Mars tomorrow at around 6:35 am. It will make a conjunction between Jupiter, Mars, Venus and the moon. There is supposed to be only 7% cloud so could be a good photo think I might have a go. Good luck if you try

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the information Mark - think I'll set my alarm early and see if it is clear. Should be a good one.

Glad you managed to do some viewing Neil :)

I get up for work at 6-40 so I might get up a bit early just to view it

RDF realigned keep forgetting to turn the dam thing off so another battery changed

Neil

I get up for work at 6-40 so I might get up a bit early just to view it

RDF realigned keep forgetting to turn the dam thing off so another battery changed

Neil

I've done that before with my RDF, one reason why I've got a lot of spare batteries

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

I don't think there will be much point guys. The clouds aren't going to be kind at all.

I've been wondering without looking back through the forum just how many clear nights we've had this autumn? I bet I could count it on one hand!

The Horizon after new Sky at Night is the one that Damian recommended - Asteroids, The Good, The Bad and The Ugky.

I've set both Horizon programmes to record as they are always worth a watch :)

Look out for the chipped NASA mirror in the 36th minute. It's quite a good programme

Archived