WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

@ Keiran , regarding the star adventurer, have you tried it with a bigger lens than a 70mm, as I bought one when they first came out, but sent it back unopened for refund as I was reading a lot on forums it does not track accurately with larger lenses like my 300mm tamron

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

say hello to the concrete cows for me,  I am sure they will remember me and my cousin spray painting them pink one drunken  night back in the early 1980's

Hi Leigh

Are you feeling better now that you have confessed

Seem to have Registax6 reinstalled ok. Ran an old AVI of Jupiter through it and it seems to work ok. Phew. One thing sorted :)

Well, it seems my celebrations were short lived. I think I have installed DSS 3.3.4, however I've not managed to try it yet as I tried a lunar file in RegiStax6 and after looking at the "swirly-thinky" thing for an hour with the progress bar on 0% I had to shut it down.

Completely shut the laptop down as it has done my head in for today. See if it plays ball when I fire it up tomorrow.

If not, I might need to see Chris or Matt to see if we can work out why it is struggling.

Fortunately, it doesn't look like I'll be doing any imaging at any point soon judging by the clouds.

Just frustrating that I don't know why it isn't performing.

Leigh - you naughty boy! I am shocked lol ;)

Nice image Vicky. To say you don't know what you're doing its a great picture [emoji106][emoji106]Mark

Yes nice image Vicky

Thanks chaps, it's not great, however it is one of the files from the very first time I used my CCD camera to image Jupiter back in March.

Don't think I have imaged Jupiter again since, and I'm looking forward to having another go at it this season :)

Up for work early this am and the skies looked cracking.

Planets in exact alignment all within an outstretched hand span.

Orion stunning and just looked crystal clear.

Wish I had got the scope out to have a look but had to leave for work.

Not much in the way of stargazing down here but a few constellations for your perusal! ;)

Haha, fab job Soupy! Are you taking imaging lessons from Chris?? Hehe ;)

Damian - the planets did look beautiful this morning. I managed to pop out for a look at Venus, Jupiter and Mars, however Mercury had disappeared into the dawn by the time I got outside. Think I'll set my alarm 15 minutes earlier tomorrow and hope it is clear. Think I just presumed it would be cloudy this morning, so didn't even look outside until I read your post.

Mark - good to see you back. I have no experience of either of those scopes, however I'm sure you'll find advice either from the guys here, or other threads on SGL. It may also be worth you calling into your local astronomy centre for help and advice :)

Damian - the planets did look beautiful this morning. I managed to pop out for a look at Venus, Jupiter and Mars, however Mercury had disappeared into the dawn by the time I got outside. Think I'll set my alarm 15 minutes earlier tomorrow and hope it is clear. Think I just presumed it would be cloudy this morning, so didn't even look outside until I read your post.

Mark - good to see you back. I have no experience of either of those scopes, however I'm sure you'll find advice either from the guys here, or other threads on SGL. It may also be worth you calling into your local astronomy centre for help and advice :)

Hi I would go to a local store if there was any close to where I live I done most of my research online but thanks anyway

Taught him everything I know, only took 5mins :)

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Hi I would go to a local store if there was any close to where I live I done most of my research online but thanks anyway

Are you in barnsley Mark, the only 2 shops that o know if are rother valley optics at kiveton, that's where I got mine from and also Greenwich at batley. Lee there is very helpful.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

@ Keiran , regarding the star adventurer, have you tried it with a bigger lens than a 70mm, as I bought one when they first came out, but sent it back unopened for refund as I was reading a lot on forums it does not track accurately with larger lenses like my 300mm tamron

Yes Leigh I use it with my heavily 70-200mm Lens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived