WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam, you're running v3.3.2 of DSS. You need to download and install v3.3.4 which supports more recent Canon RAW format files.

http://deepskystacker.free.fr/english/index.html

It should then handle and display your images correctly.

Thanks Matt. I'm going to check mine. Need to uninstall and delete Registax6 too and then reinstall it, as it still wouldn't work after my cleanup and defragmentation the other night. Might as well check both programmes whilst I'm at it :)

I'm going to admit I'm pretty useless and have no idea what I'm doing, I downloaded it and theres a load more camera options but I'm still getting the same thing. :(

Oh Sam, I'm thankful it's not just me that struggles with this stuff. I'm just firing up my laptop, but it is trying to configure Windows updates before I can start. Ho-hum we'll get there :)

attachicon.gifOrionCR2.png

This is what I get when I add my CR2 file to DSS, I have no idea why. Matt could it be a settings issue? or do you think I need to delete DSS and re-install?

:(

There's a setting in your camera menu that you need to change it will then display the image correctly can't remember which setting it is as took me weeks to figure out that problem. Hope it helps Sam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sam, did you manage to download DSS version 3.3.4? I have given up as I cannot work out how to open the rar file. I have tried to download a programme to open it, but it just keeps taking me to wb pages which are scaring me lol. I have downloaded 3.3.2 again. Not going to worry about DSS too much yet as I need to get RegiStax6 back working first. I'll faff about with DSS later.

And who said it was only women who grabbed bargains ;)

Just on the way to Milton Keynes for a few days. I might be a little quiet :)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

say hello to the concrete cows for me,  I am sure they will remember me and my cousin spray painting them pink one drunken  night back in the early 1980's

Archived