WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why don't you look into the SW star adventurer that I got there just like an astro track had mine 12 month now and only used it once hoping to get it out soon as there's a clear night now I got my CCD adapter

I looked at that and was almost buying one when I ended up getting my WO110 and NEQ6. The Star Adventurer looks a bit more compact than the Astotrac and are less costly too. Does look a lovely bit of kit (my girly side loves the metallic paintwork) and I'd like to see one in action. Don't think I'll need one now I have my new mount as I should be able to do longer exposure DSLR imaging once I get it polar aligned properly. Love looking at Astro kit though. Never gets boring :)

Right bit of kit never seen such a small mount fits on camera tripod and its that small you can take it anywhere [emoji292]

Kieran - will you not tempt me please. Got my scope and mount to finish paying for first lol. Could be very very tempted though. Does look a super bit of kit and the full bundle is relatively inexpensive for what it offers :)

This is Cygnus I did wide field from Galloway on it

Lovely images there Kieran. Can I ask whether you use an autoguider when you do your imaging with the Star Adventurer?

I am not going to buy one - don't NEED one - just like browsing....... it's half the fun in our hobby :)

Seriously, I don't actually need to buy anything else right now - need to get to grips with the gear I've got first.

Just like looking at what's out there - there is something about Astro gear ;)

Right bit of kit never seen such a small mount fits on camera tripod and its that small you can take it anywhere [emoji292]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi

I have been looking at one to get,a chap at old moor had one on a tripod with a small frac on

But as the clouds did not play ball never saw it working,I thing you can get the whole package

For about £275

Neil

Ps nice photos

The clouds cleared for a good ten minutes earlier and I managed to make out quite a few constellations. Pegasus was riding high and the summer triangle was well passed zenith on it's way to the western horizon. 

Nice to actually see some stars!!!!

I popped outside to put something in the recycling bin and noticed that a large part of the sky was clear, flanked by ominous looking clouds on the horizons. Stopped outside for a few mins before heading back inside to have a play around with the images that Sam had sent over.

A big thanks to Matt for having a go at processing my M42 image, and the amazing feedback he gave as well. Looking forward taking the next steps for a better image! Thanks a lot [emoji5]

Looks great Sam - bet you're pleased with that. Did Matt manage to work out why DSS was doing what it did? He's done a brilliant job with it - he's a good 'un :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm seriously thinking about one for the small frac I have. It will go well in the caravan just the right size and also for the same reason you showing there in your photos Kieran [emoji106]

The clouds cleared for a good ten minutes earlier and I managed to make out quite a few constellations. Pegasus was riding high and the summer triangle was well passed zenith on it's way to the western horizon. Nice to actually see some stars!!!!

So pleased you got a bit of a mini star fix! I missed the patch of clear sky. Been keeping my eye out all weekend every time I've gone outside to the recycling bin!

Hoping we get some clear skies soon - I need a viewing trip down to Winscar! :)

So pleased you got a bit of a mini star fix! I missed the patch of clear sky. Been keeping my eye out all weekend every time I've gone outside to the recycling bin!

Hoping we get some clear skies soon - I need a viewing trip down to Winscar! :)

Same here. It's the todmorden trip this Friday isn't it?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Archived