WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a shame. Looks cloudy tomorrow for riddlestone hall

I'm playing it by ear what it looks like tomorrow afternoon. If it is cloudy we are not going to go up there - we might just visit on a normal day in the half term holiday as I am off work that week.

I'm playing it by ear what it looks like tomorrow afternoon. If it is cloudy we are not going to go up there - we might just visit on a normal day in the half term holiday as I am off work that week.

Yea same here. Not going if its cloudy. Might just nip down the road to nostell, only 10 mins from my house

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Same as Chris, I'm good with computers & could take a look at it Vicky, advising if it's viable for any upgrades to boost performance.

Sam, if you can put a few of your image files online somewhere, like Dropbox etc, then I'll have a play with them in DSS.

Sent from my OnePlus One

Same as Chris, I'm good with computers & could take a look at it Vicky, advising if it's viable for any upgrades to boost performance.

Sam, if you can put a few of your image files online somewhere, like Dropbox etc, then I'll have a play with them in DSS

Thanks Matt - you helped me out with your expertise before. It's the same laptop, as I only have the one a had given which I use for all my Astro stuff.

I'll keep you all posted how it goes after the defragmentation...... if it ever finishes the defragmentation without exploding, or taking off into orbit! lol

It's just odd that RegiStax6 just suddenly stopped working, and I have never experienced any problems with it before.

DSS works to a point, but I have never been able to open the "autosave" file as it says I don't have enough RAM.

Hoping we'll get it sussed without the need for a new laptop :)

Thanks Matt - you helped me out with your expertise before. It's the same laptop, as I only have the one a had given which I use for all my Astro stuff.

I'll keep you all posted how it goes after the defragmentation...... if it ever finishes the defragmentation without exploding, or taking off into orbit! lol

It's just odd that RegiStax6 just suddenly stopped working, and I have never experienced any problems with it before.

DSS works to a point, but I have never been able to open the "autosave" file as it says I don't have enough RAM.

Hoping we'll get it sussed without the need for a new laptop :)

Apparently DSS does have this issue according to a quick net search Vicky

Apparently DSS does have this issue according to a quick net search Vicky

To be honest, I hadn't done a search to see if it was a known issue. I just presumed the stacked files produced a massive file my old laptop couldn't handle. I'm not very up with computers. It's another thing I've had to start to learn since starting with this astronomy malarkey! ;)

Hi all

The clouds did not clear at all,had a film presentation for 40 mins about our solar system which

I found quiet fascinating also had someone doing a stellarium demo an a laptop

And the clouds still did not clear

Neil

Hi all

The clouds did not clear at all,had a film presentation for 40 mins about our solar system which

I found quiet fascinating also had someone doing a stellarium demo an a laptop

And the clouds still did not clear

Neil

Sorry to hear the clouds did not clear Neil but glad you enjoyed the film. I think you have had the best night as the rest of us are stuck in doors

Mark

Sent you a PM Sam.

Soupy did you win that Astrotrac? It went for £256 + £15P&P in the end.

Didn't get it Matt, been out all evening with no signal on phone! Only just got back and now I'm kicking myself. Looks like I'll have to pay full price now then :-(

Didn't get it Matt, been out all evening with no signal on phone! Only just got back and now I'm kicking myself. Looks like I'll have to pay full price now then :-(

Doh! Think myself and Matt were both watching it convinced you had managed to get it! Ah, bet you wish you had left a cheeky bid, but there is nothing to say it just wouldn't have gone higher. Did you look at that one on ABS? Don't know if it is still "active".

I wouldn't rush into paying full price yet - this is you Soupy - you never pay full price! LOL :)

Ah, that's a shame, you should have let me me know before you went out - I'd have bid on it for you. I'm sure there will be others.

Archived