WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next time anyone is going to Winscar please let me know, I have been checking the events thread that soupy set up, but no luck yet.

Have just sold my 8" DOB on eBay but still have my refractor. I am saving up for an upgrade scope but not decided which yet , need to keep it secret, not the scope but the cost from my missus lol.

Neil - I am going to play it by ear if we get a clear evening on Friday or Saturday night, and possibly head down there if it looks like it'll be worth it. I'm on earlies all next week, so there will be no late night trips out for me from Sunday night to Thursday night next week.

If I am planning to go there I'll put it on both threads.

I'll also be keeping my eye on the threads to see if anyone is planning a trip out.

It's a shame you missed that Ryan was heading there last night - it seems he had a great night albeit on his own.

On a different note, I have treated myself to the S@N Complete Guide to Astrophotography magazine. Looks pretty good with loads of information on kit, imaging techniques and processing skills. I believe it will be a condensed summary of the tutorials that have appeared in S@N magazine, however it is something I have only just recently started to buy, so a lot of the information is new to me. Plus, I always enjoy reading my Astro books and magazines - adverts included! Any hints and tips are always appeciated, especially on processing - including histograms, curves, levels and wavelets - although I think my laptop is dying and won't run RegiStax or DSS at the moment. I may have to think about investing in a new one at some point soon.

Anyway, I'll let you AP-ers know if it is any good and worth purchasing :)

Neil - I am going to play it by ear if we get a clear evening on Friday or Saturday night, and possibly head down there if it looks like it'll be worth it. I'm on earlies all next week, so there will be no late night trips out for me from Sunday night to Thursday night next week.

If I am planning to go there I'll put it on both threads.

I'll also be keeping my eye on the threads to see if anyone is planning a trip out.

It's a shame you missed that Ryan was heading there last night - it seems he had a great night albeit on his own.

On a different note, I have treated myself to the S@N Complete Guide to Astrophotography magazine. Looks pretty good with loads of information on kit, imaging techniques and processing skills. I believe it will be a condensed summary of the tutorials that have appeared in S@N magazine, however it is something I have only just recently started to buy, so a lot of the information is new to me. Plus, I always enjoy reading my Astro books and magazines - adverts included! Any hints and tips are always appeciated, especially on processing - including histograms, curves, levels and wavelets - although I think my laptop is dying and won't run RegiStax or DSS at the moment. I may have to think about investing in a new one at some point soon

Anyway, I'll let you AP-ers know if it is any good and worth purchasing :)

Hi Vicky

Might see you there ,I might take my scope and if I have time I might go up to winscar

Neil

Well just bought my first bit of Astro gear in about 12 month got an adapter so can link my CCD camera to my 75-200 canon lens so might hopefully start doing some narrowband wide field on my little star tracker mount on tripod will be some much easier getting that going than setting up all my eq.

Watch this space!!!!!

First target banards loop in HA [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This month's S@N magazine has another poster, it a lunar phases calendar for all of 2016. Looks like it'll find a home on the wall :)

Sent from my OnePlus One

Found it. Will read it tonight

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Just give your cash Eric to Vicky, she WILL spend it for you :)

Depends if he just wants a refractor

You two are getting very cheeky indeed! ;)

I also have an SCT you know lol - do love my refractors though!

Yeah, I am good at spending money - it's all that Gain's fault lol

What are you looking for Eric, or aren't you sure yourself yet? Noticed there is an Evolution 6 for sale in the classifieds, which is the scope that Chris and Neil have. It is quite a pricey scope though, but does come very well recommended.

Have a chat with some of the guys to see what will suit you best - a lot depends on what you want to do with it, and how portable you need it to be.

Half the fun of our hobby is browsing :)

As no one seems to be posting, thought to add this image from the other night using gains astrotrac and 200mm lens on the canon. It's for all you Yorkshire folk. The White Rose Cluster AKA Caroline's Rose. It's the small fuzzy patch in the middle, processing needs working at, but you get the idea of what should be there in a fairly decent scope.

post-22085-0-27299100-1444951117_thumb.j

Only issue is that area is full of stars! Not that that's a problem ;)

As no one seems to be posting, thought to add this image from the other night using gains astrotrac and 200mm lens on the canon. It's for all you Yorkshire folk. The White Rose Cluster AKA Caroline's Rose. It's the small fuzzy patch in the middle, processing needs working at, but you get the idea of what should be there in a fairly decent scope.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Only issue is that area is full of stars! Not that that's a problem ;)

Nice image Soupy! How long was the exposure?

It's a great object to see through a large scope

Archived