WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

My Quick fix!

It was aurora with Vicky and Terry night. I decided to have a go at collimating my 130 ED!

So took 5x 49secs subs unguided (4mins total exposure time) with my 5D to check the star images.

Image is a crop in. Noisy, light polluted and quite naff but it was fun. Need another fix now.

image.jpeg

Did you mean the image was noisey G or the company lol!

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Quick fix!

It was aurora with Vicky and Terry night. I decided to have a go at collimating my 130 ED!

So took 5x 49secs subs unguided (4mins total exposure time) with my 5D to check the star images.

Image is a crop in. Noisy, light polluted and quite naff but it was fun. Need another fix

Yes, totally naff Gain - don't even know how you dare post such rubbish on our quality thread! ;)

Honestly, wow! Brilliant job. Did you do that after we had left, as the sky did seem to improve somewhat later on.

Hopefully, we'll get a clear evening one day this week for me to get the WO out for a play.

Damian - can't believe you are back up and posting again - you must have only been in bed a couple of hours, or haven't you even gone to bed yet? You are getting too cheeky - I'm keeping my eye on you lol :)

Yes, totally naff Gain - don't even know how you dare post such rubbish on our quality thread! ;)

Honestly, wow! Brilliant job. Did you do that after we had left, as the sky did seem to improve somewhat later on.

Hopefully, we'll get a clear evening one day this week for me to get the WO out for a play.

Damian - can't believe you are back up and posting again - you must have only been in bed a couple of hours, or haven't you even gone to bed yet? You are getting too cheeky - I'm keeping my eye on you lol :)

Thanks Vicks...yeah, just after you guys left but the sky about the same...

Need to goto a better sky next time.

Let me knowwhen you want to pop over

Thanks Vicks...yeah, just after you guys left but the sky about the same...

Need to goto a better sky next time.

Let me knowwhen you want to pop over

Thanks Gain - I'll message you if it looks like we could have a clear evening. I'll bring giant buttons lol :)

I can't believe it too Vicky, woke up early by a delivery driver at just before

11 with a parcel for the next door neighbour!

Hey ho I'm sure I'll get some sleep one day or night even (would have to be cloudy though)

Don't know what you mean cheeky lol!

Wow Gain! That image is amazing, I want lessons! [emoji20]

I have managed my best ever images this week so far though and I have absolutely no idea how, I don't think I've done anything different to normal and I sure haven't had any practice lately either. [emoji52]

If I could do images like that, I'd be so pleased [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow Gain! That image is amazing, I want lessons! [emoji20]

I have managed my best ever images this week so far though and I have absolutely no idea how, I don't think I've done anything different to normal and I sure haven't had any practice lately either. [emoji52]

If I could do images like that, I'd be so pleased [emoji6]

Thanks Sam...

It's all pretty straight forward really. We'll go over your procedures next time we meet and see what that throws up! It's about following a system and discipline in procurement.

Gain

My procedures are very ad-hoc [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] especially from home because I need to fumble around for ages doing long exposures to get my scope aligned because I can't see Polaris [emoji52]

My procedures are very ad-hoc [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33] especially from home because I need to fumble around for ages doing long exposures to get my scope aligned because I can't see Polaris [emoji52]

Polar alignment is pretty important for AP...however, autoguiding can help alleviate this to some degree...

And my mount is only an eq5 pro so I think it'll struggle with the weight of the guide scope etc. I need to sell my old car so I can buy the mount I want [emoji5]️ and still be able to book my wedding to make the misses happy [emoji33]

I need a system and I was never disciplined as a child so that doesn't exist either [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

That has always been my problem too!

Btw

Wedding+marriage+children???= 8x30 binos + bye bye astronomy

Archived