WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So that looks like delphinus on the right and then on the left its the corner of the square of pegasus, matar been the top star of the triangle. Am I correct?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Nearly there Chris and good that you're learning the stars. Top right star in pegasus is Scheat, Matar is off that diagonally up and right.

Bang on with Delphinius

Great wide field Neil.

Look forward to your M31 Sam, I mangled a half an hour on the veranda here is a quick (over processed ;) ) image of Andromeda taken using Gains Astrotrack and my canon 60D with stock 250mm lens, 4min exposure with 1600 ISO :)

post-22085-0-06411200-1444688223_thumb.j

Well, I did learn them as a kid. I just got lazy in my twenties :) slowly digging the information out of my brain. But always learning though as km sure we all are. One other star in delphinus is Svalocin. I so didn't look that up on the he net :)

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Nice one Chris a bit of research and another one to add to the list.

dfa078560eb856606746751df5c9722b.jpg

It's not brilliant but it's not bad, I need to reprocess I think.

42 images stacked ranging from 80secs to 10 secs.

ISO 1600

Good night guys hope you like it.

I need to sleep I'm up at 5am [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dfa078560eb856606746751df5c9722b.jpg

It's not brilliant but it's not bad, I need to reprocess I think.

42 images stacked ranging from 80secs to 10 secs.

ISO 1600

Good night guys hope you like it.

I need to sleep I'm up at 5am [emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33][emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wish I was I'll just be thinking of getting ready to go home by then.

Soupy and Sam - nice job both of you - well done. Bet it feels good to be out doing a bit of imaging  :)

Pleased to see you got the Astrotrac going Soupy - I'll have to pop across to have a look at it going one evening.

I managed to get Mercury, Jupiter, Mars and Venus before the morning light and clouds took them away this morning. It's come over really quite cloudy now.

post-39306-0-38695300-1444715553_thumb.j

Just climbed into bed after a long night shift.

Took the opportunity to have a search for Mercury as the eastern horizon was free from clouds.

I was pleasantly surprised to find I could see it naked eye and through the finder the unmistakable illuminated disc so definitely Mercury and not a star.

Four planets and two of Jupiter's moons.

That's another one to chalk down.

Night all.

Nice shot Soupy...hope you enjoyed the Astrotrac!

Next tim .try a stack of 10x 3mins exposures!

Cheers for lending it to me G. It was quite easy to use and set up. Loved having a go with it. Need to get a proper intervalvometer now instead of just a remote switch.

Cheers for lending it to me G. It was quite easy to use and set up. Loved having a go with it. Need to get a proper intervalvometer now instead of just a remote switch.

Yeah, a great little device!

You could try controlling the the camera via the mini USB and Canon EOS utility which has an intervalometer built in.

Enjoy.

Yeah, a great little device!

You could try controlling the the camera via the mini USB and Canon EOS utility which has an intervalometer built in.

Enjoy.

Got APT on the computer just wanted a quick fix! But didn't realise the utility program did that as well. :)

My Quick fix!

It was aurora with Vicky and Terry night. I decided to have a go at collimating my 130 ED!

So took 5x 49secs subs unguided (4mins total exposure time) with my 5D to check the star images.

Image is a crop in. Noisy, light polluted and quite naff but it was fun. Need another fixpost-2759-0-78927400-1444731578_thumb.jp

Archived