WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

So got home from work and decided to do m42 in my yard! Oh my god, I'm so glad I went for this, it was 50/50 do I go to bed or lug the equipment out. I thought why not haven't done it for donkeys! A very pleased Sam [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up early this morning and all three planets visible in the morning sky under Leo.Amazing how far the planets move in such a short space of time relative to one another.

Nice to see Jupiter in all its glory again and I could just pick out the moon's at 6am. Mars was not far above and Venus was just too bright!

Orion was directly south with Sirius in Canis Major twinkling away in the lower atmosphere south East.

All in a lovely morning.

Lovely job Sam - is that using your DSLR at prime focus through your 200P?

It stayed really cloudy over my way all night. When I got up at 6am, I had a look outside but it was too cloudy to see any of the planets. Just managed to see Venus at around 7am when the clouds had cleared.

See what it is like this evening as it would be nice to get out in the back yard to do a bit of viewing. Need a fix after the lousy weather over the weekend! :)

I'm sorry to hear about your nan Vicky hope you and family are ok all our love mark and Adele

Thank you to your thoughts, it is appreciated. We are ok - it was expected and fortunately myself, my brother and my mum had managed to get down to see her whilst she was still well enough :)

Yeah it's prime focus with my dslr on my SW200CF Quattro. The best image I've done by far, I've got a Pleiades and also I managed to get the flame and horse head as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering the time you have had to get out Sam that's a really good effort.

hi all

playing around with a image taken at winscar when vicky damian ryan and i went up there

So that looks like delphinus on the right and then on the left its the corner of the square of pegasus, matar been the top star of the triangle. Am I correct?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

So that looks like delphinus on the right and then on the left its the corner of the square of pegasus, matar been the top star of the triangle. Am I correct?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Hi Chris

Know idea better ask Damian

Neil

Archived