WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ursula is back! Sorry, we have been back about an hour, but I've just got the car unloaded and sorted and got on line. Glad you are back safe and sound too Mark. Blanket cloud all weekend. No stargazing at all. Had a few beers and a couple of nice chats with Soupy, and had a good time with the boys running round the cottage grounds playing football and Huhted, and making "tools/weapons"with sticks, stones, bits of old plastic and duct tape lol. The tool kit has been used, but not as I expected it would. Pleasant weekend, but shame about the clouds - especially feel for Mark and Adele.

Going to look into a East Riddlesden Hall event as we have family NT membership, and have nothing in the diary for that day! Looks like it could be worth a run out there :)

Ursula is back! Sorry, we have been back about an hour, but I've just got the car unloaded and sorted and got on line. Glad you are back safe and sound too Mark. Blanket cloud all weekend. No stargazing at all. Had a few beers and a couple of nice chats with Soupy, and had a good time with the boys running round the cottage grounds playing football and Huhted, and making "tools/weapons"with sticks, stones, bits of old plastic and duct tape lol. The tool kit has been used, but not as I expected it would. Pleasant weekend, but shame about the clouds - especially feel for Mark and Adele.

Going to look into a East Riddlesden Hall event as we have family NT membership, and have nothing in the diary for that day! Looks like it could be worth a run out there :)

Glad your back safe and sound. We too have NT membership and a clear day that day so we might all go up and take a look.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Glad you back safe and sound

There is also an event by the Mexborough and Swinton astronomical society on the 17th (sat) at the RSPB old moor site. Its £10 including pie and peas, hot drink and telescopes for public use. They also have Julian Onions giving a talk (From here to infinity or aperture fever) on the 15th (Thu) at Swinton working men's club admission £2 to guests. See their website for more details and contacts

Yes I have booked to go the event at RSPB oldmoor on Saturday and its £8 if you are a member

Hope we get clear sky's

Neil

Good to know you have arrived home safely. That's the quiet weekend over everyone.

Back unpacked, and with beer in hand, Dawn has gone for a rest as she shared the car ride with Ursula, while I had the kids in the truck ;) wise move for me I think! Lol

Had a really good chilling weekend considering no stargazing! Might look to the NT event, as don't think we are going to Kielder this weekend, which is a big shame as it is Kielder star party! :(

Good to know you have arrived home safely. That's the quiet weekend over everyone.

Haha, yes indeed! You've all had a little break, but it's over now! Mwahahaha lol.

Seriously, I'm just on with some tea and going to go off-line for the rest of the evening and catch up with the family :)

I'll be back again tomorrow lol ;)

Back unpacked, and with beer in hand, Dawn has gone for a rest as she shared the car ride with Ursula, while I had the kids in the truck ;) wise move for me I think! Lol

Had a really good chilling weekend considering no stargazing! Might look to the NT event, as don't think we are going to Kielder this weekend, which is a big shame as it is Kielder star party! :(

I have got chips in the oven - really fancying egg and chips! Will be having a beer later whilst I watch S@N.

Don't think I shut up for the whole journey home lol - haha, poor Dawn. She might decide she likes the truck after all ;)

Just been told that my nan passed away over the weekend. Apparently she died peacefully in her sleep. Thought I'd let you all know as I had mentioned I had gone to Grantham to see her the other week.

Thank you for putting me and Luke up this weekend Soupy - it's a shame the cloud gods didn't allow us some clear skies, but I enjoyed your company, and putting the world to right over a few beers. Hopefully, there may be a few more of us next time :)

Archived