WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

Hi Eric. The weather seems to have changed. It's definitely going to be clear later but what time I don't know. It's looking like it might not be clear until late. Lee is not coming now either. Im undecided what im doing yet.

Hi Ryan, judging by the weather map now it doesn't look good at all, maybe tomorrow night for me to be honest if its clearer, what do you think. 

Eric

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ABS warning light is back on, so the car is on its way back the garage for a new sensor. They do not recommend I drive it with a fault. They have assured me it'll be ready by early afternoon tomorrow. Fingers crossed :)

Let's hope so... Gonna be a little late as I have to pick dawn up at train station at 3.40, then rush to wakefield. So prob be at the BK for approx. 4.30

Oh nice little power tank Neil... Are they two 6 or 12V batteries? And what Ah are they?

Looks like 2 12v yuasa batteries to me wired in parallel.

Nice job Neil hope you will pack the batteries out to secure them.

I would fuse the outgoing of each battery Neil just to be on the safe side.

Looks like 2 12v yuasa batteries to me wired in parallel.

Nice job Neil hope you will pack the batteries out to secure them.

I would fuse the outgoing of each battery Neil just to be on the safe side.

Hi yes that's correct

There's a built in fuse in the 12 volt plug,I have two fuse adapters that I got from

Work but I am running out of space in the box ,might get two inline fuses

And place the in the plus side

Let's hope so... Gonna be a little late as I have to pick dawn up at train station at 3.40, then rush to wakefield. So prob be at the BK for approx. 4.30

That works out really well. Good news that Dawn can make it for the full weekend. Gives me a bit more time too, just in case they are late with my car. Haven't even started getting the stuff out from under the stairs yet lol :)

Hi yes that's correct

There's a built in fuse in the 12 volt plug,I have two fuse adapters that I got from

Work but I am running out of space in the box ,might get two inline fuses

And place the in the plus side

I have some in line fuse holders if you want them Neil

I saw them this morning but I really didn't think it was Jupiter more Mars with Jupiter just below the horizon? I may be wrong? But I thought it was the Moon Venus and Mars?

Oh, I thought it was Mercury that was below the horizon. I only thought it was Jupiter as it formed a straight line from The Moon and Venus. Mars seemed a bit higher up looking at my chart, and I just presumed it had got too light to see it. Anyway, it's either Jupiter or Mars - it just seemed too bright for Mars and not red enough. I was going by the following charts. I'm going to have another go in the morning anyway if I get up a bit earlier :)

post-39306-0-67918300-1444340710_thumb.j

post-39306-0-82153400-1444340799_thumb.j

Have any of you been out for the conjunction? Just had a peek out and it looks great but too bright for Mars.

Disappointed, as I set my alarm for 5.30am to try to take a few pics. Really cloudy at that time with only The Moon visible through the clouds. Been popping in and out hoping the clouds would clear. They have a little now, but as you say I can only see The Moon and Venus. Sky is too bright now, but never mind, maybe tomorrow morning if I am inclined to get up so early. Suppose it depends what kind of evening we have tonight.

All packed (well just about). Just need to get my car back after work and I can get loaded up! :)

Hi

Typical got up a hour early for work to see the conjunction and it's cloudy,just make the moon and Venus out

Are well that's astronomy for you

I was just typing a post to the same effect. Typical astronomy weather lol. Could have done with that half an hour in bed this morning too. Oh well, that's our hobby for you ;)

Archived