WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managed a very quick 15 minutes with the 80mm frac in the back yard - my primary objective was to test out the new 18mm BST Explorer EP. It certainly is a lovely EP giving clear views with a really generous eye relief. Just viewed the double cluster, and The Pleiades - both of which just about scraped into the field of view. Had a quick look at M31 The Andromeda Galaxy whilst I was in the area. Didn't do any more as my bed was calling, so called it a night. At least I know the EP was a good buy, and seems as good as new. Really pleased with that little purchase :)

Nice one Vicky, I fell asleep on the sofa, just stuck my head out of the door and it looks a nice sky tonight but my bed is calling as I've got a busy day tomorrow at work. I'm glad the new EP is good :)

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Nice capture soupy unfortunately I don't have a northern horizon so not able to see it.

I did however get a good view of the conjunction this morning lovely and clear with all the rain we had yesterday it's taken all the crud out of the atmosphere

Mark

Fabulous job Soupy - I'm just showing Terry and the kids - still can't believe how clear you saw it and myself and Gain saw zilch! LOL

Apologies from Ursula for ever doubting you ;)

Forgot to go straight out back when my alarm went off this morning. Remembered when I went outside to take last night's cans to the recycling bin at around 6.45am.

Managed a few quick images of The Moon, Venus and Jupiter, however Mars and Regulus had disappeared into the morning light.

Might set my alarm 15 minutes early tomorrow to have another go, weather permitting :)

Good to hear from you Ryan. As much as I would love to get down to Winscar tonight, I just can't unfortunately. Both kids have got special awards to be presented at the school this evening - no idea what for as they do not tell them. Then I really need to be in bed on time tonight ready for Kielder tomorrow! Only one more sleep! Hope it stays clear for us over the weekend up there :)

Think we didn't plan anything observing for tomorrow as it was the Kielder weekend. If you want to post a meet in the events page then please do, or as Vicky says come up and join us ;)

for some reason i thought kielder was last weekend and i was away. and i have plans this weekend now - servicing the caravan. oh the excitement.

Cheers guys, I thought most of you would be saving yourself for Kielder. Im still going up tonight with Lee if anyone else fancies poping up.

Vicky, Sorry I've not been down to have a word with you yet. Im going to Todmordon so I'll speak with you then.

Hope you all have a fantastic time at Kielder this weekend.

Great pictures Soupy, I was out for a short while last night but didn't see it. The forcast looks pretty good for tonight. Does anyone fancy Winscar if it looks clear still later?

Ryan, Hi what time were you thinking of going to Winscar, looks a bit cloudy in Ossett, have you looked at the forecast for Dunford Bridge yet, I wouldn't mind going if it forecast reasonable clear.

Eric

Ryan, Hi what time were you thinking of going to Winscar, looks a bit cloudy in Ossett, have you looked at the forecast for Dunford Bridge yet, I wouldn't mind going if it forecast reasonable clear.

Eric

Hi Eric. It looks cloudy untill about 8-9pm then clear night all night by the looks of it. Im setting off from Middlestown at about 8.30 so will be there just after 9

Hi Eric. It looks cloudy untill about 8-9pm then clear night all night by the looks of it. Im setting off from Middlestown at about 8.30 so will be there just after 9

ok thanks Ryan, I will see you there all being well, I will leave Ossett round about same time as you ok.

ok thanks Ryan, I will see you there all being well, I will leave Ossett round about same time as you ok.

Eric - You'll have a good night with Ryan and Lee - they're not bad lads ;)

Hope you all have a great viewing evening - I expect some thorough "Ursula style" viewing reports later :)

No rush to speak to you Ryan - I'm hopefully coming up to Todmorden too, so I'll see you then unless we get a meet-up arranged before.

Have fun chaps!

Hi Eric. The weather seems to have changed. It's definitely going to be clear later but what time I don't know. It's looking like it might not be clear until late. Lee is not coming now either. Im undecided what im doing yet.

Archived