WADAS (Wakefield and District Astronomical Society)

• Replies 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's on a yellow alert at the moment

It would be good if they put on a show, however, I'll be long in bed tonight as it is only 2 sleeps before Kielder!

Hoping it is clear enough early Saturday morning to see the Moon joining Jupiter, Mars and Venus in the pre-dawn sky.

Looking forward to the weekend away - Soupy, don't forget your ear plugs! LOL ;)

Hi all

Anybody getting up for the conjunction tomorrow.Vicky it might be some crud on the ABS wheel sensor Neil

I am up at 6am anyway, so will probably take a peek outside for a look if it's clear.

If it is clear Saturday morning at Kielder I'll more than likely get up and take a couple of pictures.

Yes, they did mention the ABS sensor at the garage. Hopefully, it is nothing and wont cause any more problems. They said if it comes back on, they might need to order a new sensor.

The car never has any problems, and is only ever in the garage for its annual service and MOT.

Last time it was Kielder, the week before it wouldn't start, and it needed a new battery!

Just thought it was typical that it had a fault a few days before Kielder again.

It must know it's got a bit of a journey coming up - my little pocket rocket lol :)

Hope the weather is OK for you this weekend, it looked a mostly cloudy forecast last time I checked

I think it is due to be patchy cloud Friday, and possibly a bit murky Saturday night. We'll make the most of it whatever the weather, although a bit of clear sky would be good!

Clear skies + beer + good company = a good weekend ;)

Archived