SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

software or a site to simulate astronomical phenomena?

Ive seen astronomy images in 3D, but cant remember the software. Its a simple enough thing to do though. Do a search for free online 3D software and then its just a case of inputting the same image twice and you get the 3D look. Most of the free software only works with the old red/green (or is it red/blue) cardboard glasses.

Still impressive. 

i installed Stellarium & Celestia

but its not that simple

i need a simple program with a menu of some astronomical phenomenas that i'll choose & it will play auto for me

So you mean that important events are pre-recorded and you can play and watch them when you like ?

Commercial software such as the Redshift and Starry Night series do have pre-recorded events included but I've not seen any freeware that does that.

Dance of the Planets used to be a classic but that was MS-DOS based so that shows how old it was !

There is a VERY cool 3D app called Solar Walk. It is actually 3D as in with glasses! Very cool effect!! Try it especially if you can hook your device up to a 3D TV!!

- Nate

Birmingham, AL

looks cool by the screensots BUT is there a PC version? :) 

Archived