Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_celestial_motion.thumb.jpg.a9e9349c45f96ed7928eb32f1baf76ed.jpg

broca

NGC 7293 the Helix nebula

This always seems to be my "go-to" nebula when I am trying to knock the rust off the gear and get back into imaging and processing mode. This is my first time combining Ha and OIII data using the QSI wsg-8 and first time using OAG. It only took troubleshooting the Gemini-2 (new FW) and getting the Gemini.net ASCOM driver to behave with the SkyX but here it is for this year... 
NGC 7293 the Helix nebula 
Constellation Aquarius 

~700 light years distant 
Ha 20min subs totaling 1 hour and 20 minutes. 
OIII 20 min subs totaling 2 hours. 
QSI 683 wsg-8 
Losmandy g11 Gemini II 
AT8RC 
Taken September 26 and October 5, 2013 

Please visit my webpage for a higher resolution image.

p2042341351-3.jpg

• Like 18

Maybe because i'm viewing on my phone but i cant see any details broca, i.e. subs length, camera etc!

Fantastic helix though.

Maybe because i'm viewing on my phone but i cant see any details broca, i.e. subs length, camera etc!

Fantastic helix though.

its my phone :grin: , ok on the pc. :laugh:

very impressive, one of my favourite deep sky images. you have done a very good job on it, certainly no evidence of being ring rusty!

Exquisite resolution. Really impressive. If you go nuts on collecting data you'll go deeper but, by Gad, you have some detail in there! Lovely.

Olly

How did I miss this one first time around.

One of my favourite targets and this is a stunning rendition.  Absolutely fabulous.