Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_2019_sp_banner.thumb.jpg.a0ff260c05b90dead5c594e9b4ee9fd0.jpg

aDaAnDrOmEdA

Greetings From Dublin

Hello star gazers, newbie here. I am happy to be a part of this community. I have always been a star gazer growing up. There's this sense of comfort everytime I gaze at the night sky.

Even so, I am still in the process of familiarizing my sky map and yet to remember their names and positions in the sky. I hope to learn more with you and to talk enthusiastically about astronomy.

Cheers!

~aDa

Welcome to SGL - You're in the right place, so pull up a chair and hold on tight!!!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

• Like 1

Hello star gazers, newbie here. I am happy to be a part of this community. I have always been a star gazer growing up. There's this sense of comfort everytime I gaze at the night sky.

Even so, I am still in the process of familiarizing my sky map and yet to remember their names and positions in the sky. I hope to learn more with you and to talk enthusiastically about astronomy.

Cheers!

~aDa

Hi ken from Peterlee UK im same as you just learnin my sky i have a nice big Garden but a bad Neighbour with halogen lights on all night flooding my space with a half a milion watts

• Like 1

Thank you guys for the warm welcome :)

Clear skies!

(I feel strongly about this affirmation since It usually take a good while of intervals to wait for a calm clear skies in Dublin :)

Welcome to SGL - You're in the right place, so pull up a chair and hold on tight!!!

Look forward to seeing you around :smiley:

Thanks very much :) your astro images are mind blowing. Just wow!

Hi ken from Peterlee UK im same as you just learnin my sky i have a nice big Garden but a bad Neighbour with halogen lights on all night flooding my space with a half a milion watts

Hi Ken :) Dublin is pretty much the same :( skies must be really clear from clouds to really see something. Have you got a scope?

Hi, aDa, and welcome to SGL! I don't know if you already have it, but many on here use the free plantarium software 'Stellarium' to help plan a viewing session and show what is available on any given night (and how to find it). Availableto download here: http://stellarium.org/ 

Hope this helps,

Martin

• Like 1

Hi and welcome to the lounge

there certainly is a lot to learn with this great hobby,

but you are in the right place here in SGL. Enjoy!

Good Luck and Clear Sky's

• Like 1

Welcome. Lots of great advice and tips on here. :laugh:

• Like 1

Hi, aDa, and welcome to SGL! I don't know if you already have it, but many on here use the free plantarium software 'Stellarium' to help plan a viewing session and show what is available on any given night (and how to find it). Availableto download here: http://stellarium.org/

Hope this helps,

Martin

Hi Thanks very much Martin.  I have just downloaded it now :)  

Hi and welcome, open up that brain and get ready to fill it with stuff!!!

• Like 1