SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Greetings From Dublin

aDaAnDrOmEdA

Hello star gazers, newbie here. I am happy to be a part of this community. I have always been a star gazer growing up. There's this sense of comfort everytime I gaze at the night sky.

Even so, I am still in the process of familiarizing my sky map and yet to remember their names and positions in the sky. I hope to learn more with you and to talk enthusiastically about astronomy.

Cheers!

~aDa

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello star gazers, newbie here. I am happy to be a part of this community. I have always been a star gazer growing up. There's this sense of comfort everytime I gaze at the night sky.

Even so, I am still in the process of familiarizing my sky map and yet to remember their names and positions in the sky. I hope to learn more with you and to talk enthusiastically about astronomy.

Cheers!

~aDa

Hi ken from Peterlee UK im same as you just learnin my sky i have a nice big Garden but a bad Neighbour with halogen lights on all night flooding my space with a half a milion watts

Hi ken from Peterlee UK im same as you just learnin my sky i have a nice big Garden but a bad Neighbour with halogen lights on all night flooding my space with a half a milion watts

Hi Ken :) Dublin is pretty much the same :( skies must be really clear from clouds to really see something. Have you got a scope?

Hi, aDa, and welcome to SGL! I don't know if you already have it, but many on here use the free plantarium software 'Stellarium' to help plan a viewing session and show what is available on any given night (and how to find it). Availableto download here: http://stellarium.org/

Hope this helps,

Martin

Hi Thanks very much Martin.  I have just downloaded it now :)  

Archived